Are you paint particular?

As for fitting the fluff, I beleive there are very few (if any) references to models or armies that describe any specific colors.

Please paint your darkspawn any color that makes you happy. But remember - Armies fight better with Reaper Master Series Paints! (:poke:)

:lol::lol: Hmm , somehow I'v eheard that plug before , but it does work ! ::D:

Generally , I like traditional colours but that being said I once had a GW Choas Marine Army where every single model was painted differently ! :blink:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The importatn thing is that you paint them and that you enjoy it. I think that as long as you make an effort to get them looking decent, your color choice doesn't much matter. A lot of people don't make any effort, so any my opponent does make is appreciated.

Generally , I like traditional colours but that being said I once had a GW Choas Marine Army where every single model was painted differently ! :blink:

That is a traditional paint scheme for at least one Chaos army. That's one of the reasons people like Chaos - you can justify any paint scheme at all, at all. You can even use regular space marine models - provided all actual Imperial insignia are defaced, of course.

Quite an accomplishment of imagination, though. I sometimes have trouble thinking of different color schemes for different units in the same army, let alone diferent models in the same unit. ::(:

That is a traditional paint scheme for at least one Chaos army. That's one of the reasons people like Chaos - you can justify any paint scheme at all, at all. You can even use regular space marine models - provided all actual Imperial insignia are defaced, of course.

Quite an accomplishment of imagination, though. I sometimes have trouble thinking of different color schemes for different units in the same army, let alone diferent models in the same unit. ::(:

The Red Corsairs. Not Chaos per se, but that's a big per se.

My factions are close to the pictures, I tend to use them as a guide. But I do drop what I don't like (i.e. the gray flesh of the vampires)

I suspect I'll soon be seeing some reptus done in a very dark green -- a la real crocodiles. I keep telling him that some of these guys are obviously different species (i.e., smooth vs. scaly tails), and so he's got no reason to do all of them in a near-black green.

Have you seen Reaperbryan's Red Orcs of Khazareen yet? They're totally off the beaten path, but they're groovy. Also not so long ago somebody here posted pics of a Space Orks army decked out in hot-pink gear complete with hot pink weapons too.

Though I am in no position to give grief to anybody for not bucking the system (my orcs are greeeeen in compliance with union regulations), I don't know why everybody feels the need to paint their darkspawn/dark-elves/drow up like eggplants.

Darkspawn are people. They're just on the same level as murderers, rapists, thieves, and chemistry teachers.

The coolest "non-regulation" paint job I have ever seen was these wraiths done in plaid. They're in the "fan mini" thing on reaper HQ. Painted by otter

plaidwraiths8hs.jpg

I toyed with the idea of just painting my Darkspawn in a pale flesh, but the fluff makes a point of making a difference between the Isiri and the Corrupted (Dark) Elves. The Witch Queen and Aundine are corrupted elves, Javolith and Vysa are Isiri. The difference? Apparently skin tone and the male Isiri have small horns on their forehead.

In the end, I just picked up some DH dark elves to use as some proxies to mix up the colors.

<mod>

Several complaints about the title of the thread were received by the Moderation Staff, at which point a decision was made to change the title. Whether you agree with this decision or not is entirely your own choice. We do ask that if you have any issues with a decision made by the Moderation Staff to contact them directly via PM as a group, or as an individual.

</mod>

We now return you to your regularly scheduled "Offical Colors" discussion.

Edited by Qwyksilver

Putting the thread back on course:

I go out of my way to avoid making a copy of a box cover. I paint my models however my heart desires. (Actually, given my painting skills, not quite the way my heart desires.) :lol:

Putting the thread back on course:

I go out of my way to avoid making a copy of a box cover. I paint my models however my heart desires. (Actually, given my painting skills, not quite the way my heart desires.) :lol:

I've had a few of my earlier figures come out like that. I found a comment I would often make is "The paint job looked much better in my head." :lol:

Regarding specific color schemes. I paint whatever I feel like painting, in whatever color I am feeling at the given time. I don't go much for specific faction colors. Heck, there are days when I just don't give a fig whether the colors are all nice and complimentary. I want them to look good for me. The only time I would care otherwise, is if I was painting something for a contest, in which case, my opinion isn't the one that matters, it's the judges, so you have to take them into consideration. Or I was painting something specifically for another person.