40k RPG

Sergeant_Crunch

I played the older versions of WHFRPG and in looking at the new stuff, it appears that Ronin made it better. More classes, new stat mechanics and so on. Green Ronin is good at tweaking stuff as is evident from their tweaking of d20 that brought us Mutants and Masterminds and the variant combat rules in BLack Company and also in thieve's World. I expect that the 40K RPG stuff will be really good for what it is and if it offers good fluff on the 40k universe, I'll buy it for a good walk down Memory Lane.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually thumbing through some old WHFRPG books last night (PArticularly Something Rotten in Kislev) and boy were those books good. And fun. It was a good adventure, with lots of detail and background - but it also doesn't take itself too seriously.

I miss the days when games used to be about fun. ;)

I miss the days when games used to be about fun. ;)
What are they about now? Corporate Jockeying? Social Status?

All too often, about using exactly the right variant of exactly the right rule, and for maximizing the adherence to the published rules at the cost of the aforementioned fun. :-(

Been there, played that, took waaaay to long to get out of that particular game.