CAV infantry

I had some paint in my pallette that I didn't want to go to waste so I grabbed one of my infantry stands and started on it. I'm not used to painting things quite that small so I'm looking for any advice/tips/tricks for painting the little buggers.

The one I started is 7015 Infantry Grenadiers so you know what I'm working with. I'm using a red and tan scheme on it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some paint in my pallette that I didn't want to go to waste so I grabbed one of my infantry stands and started on it. I'm not used to painting things quite that small so I'm looking for any advice/tips/tricks for painting the little buggers.

The one I started is 7015 Infantry Grenadiers so you know what I'm working with. I'm using a red and tan scheme on it.

Well, if it's a gotta paint it red and tan: Paint them completely tan, then pick out details in Red & Black/Dark Brown. Weapon Red (so people can see the pointy end of the stick so to speak) and then helment and boots dark brown. Maybe the backpacks/airsupplies if these crunchies have 'em...

done? done-ish?

Dunno - that's one way ya could do it...

I actually primed the whole thing black and then just painted up details. I didn't do it here, but having just started a really large 15mm project, I find that you need to use slightly brighter colors the smaller the figure, and you need to accentuate your highlights more than you would a 28mm figure. Like for faces, I use a tanned shadow and then highlight with tanned highlight and call it a day.

Here are some infantry I did a while back.

105_0556_IMG.jpg

One of the best techniques for fast good looking infantry is a naughty word so we will use the other term, Non Wet Blending (dry brushing)

as they guys have said, prime dark, then dry brush your base on, and then pick out some details. I've seen hyper detailed infantry that look fantastic, but it takes tons of time to do just one stand. Which might be cool for stands like snipers and special units, but when you need that Rifle Platoon of 10 stands do you want to do 10 in 2 hours or 10 in 10 hours?

i think that a good solid base coat with some good details and a really good basing job makes a infantry stand.

Mad Pat