Which is more controversial?

Hexxenhammer

Bah.. don't want none of that Ersatz Chili *gag* (i.e. Castleberry's Hotdog Sauce - great on a coney..lousy over Fritos)

Ersatz is a funny word too. I think that was the brand of yellow mustard and pickles that they always were using on Nickelodeon's Rugrats.. wasn't it.

The motto in my house is "Ersatz is best. Accept no substitutes!"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seinfeld! Seinfeld! Seinfeld! Seinfeld .......what is all this about anyway. I choose Seinfeld because everyone keeps choosing SOUP!

That is a good question. My last thread about soup and Seinfeld was so controversial it was exorcised to where bad threads go so the children wouldn't be corrupted by it.

Won't someone please think of the children!?!?!?!

I work just down the road from a restaurant called Real Chili (and yes, it's not just for breakfast any more). You can get it with beans, without beans, with noodles, without noodles, and mild, medium or hot. But there's also a restaurant called Soup Brothers. Soup Brothers doesn't make chili, and Real Chili doesn't make soup.

So I say .. that I forgot the original question and that I now want chili.

PS - that 'Real Chili - It's Not Just for Breakfast Any More' saying is a very popular bumper sticker around here.

Noodles!? Chili?! What kind of prevert does that?! That's not chili, that's chili flavored soup. :devil::lol:

What about stews? do they count as soups? more of a chili consitency but no heat...I do like a good beef stew...with big chunks of carrot and potato...they key is the worcetershire (know I didn't spell that right...I can barely pronounce it right) sauce and the lemon juice and about 3 hours on the stovetop. Mmmmmmmm...good stuff. Not a big fan of chili or soup though...

I do like a good beef stew...with big chunks of carrot and potato...they key is the worcetershire (know I didn't spell that right...I can barely pronounce it right) sauce and the lemon juice and about 3 hours on the stovetop. Mmmmmmmm...good stuff. Not a big fan of chili or soup though...

Thanks. Now I'm hungry.

I work just down the road from a restaurant called Real Chili (and yes, it's not just for breakfast any more). You can get it with beans, without beans, with noodles, without noodles, and mild, medium or hot. But there's also a restaurant called Soup Brothers. Soup Brothers doesn't make chili, and Real Chili doesn't make soup.

So I say .. that I forgot the original question and that I now want chili.

PS - that 'Real Chili - It's Not Just for Breakfast Any More' saying is a very popular bumper sticker around here.

Noodles!? Chili?! What kind of prevert does that?! That's not chili, that's chili flavored soup. :devil::lol:

I was introduced to this blasphemy known as 'Cincinati Chili'. Apparently, it comes in many 'ways'. That is 'three way' is with onions and noodles or some other horror. Chili does not contain beans. Although I will firmly atest to the deliciousness of Bryan's spicy black bean soup. :) (from what I can remember of that New Years, anyway.. the Karaoke still gives me nightmares)

Chili five ways is the pinnacle of chili achievements.

Chili (meat only. This Alleged "vegetarian chili" is a travesty) = 1 Way.

Add beans = 2 Ways

Add Chopped onions on top = 3 ways.

Add cheddar cheese on top = 4 Ways.

Served on top of Rice or Pasta = 5 Ways