MY VERY FIRST and second MINI!

abigail

That's definitely a great job for a first mini. It looks clean and neat and I like the colors, too.

I, too, fight the urge to tamper with my first mini. It has a nostalgic feeling to it. I thought he was so cool and now I look at him thinking about everything I could do to make him better...and it's only been a few months since I painted him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what the others are saying. Call it finished and put it aside. If you want to improve it later, you can try doing what I did...which was to get another of that same mini and paint it again, and then compare the two side by side.

I did that a year after I started painting again. The results can be seen over on Zaphod's website in the Crappy Mini or Not section. This is the direct link to mine.

I agree with what the others are saying. Call it finished and put it aside. If you want to improve it later, you can try doing what I did...which was to get another of that same mini and paint it again, and then compare the two side by side.

I did that a year after I started painting again. The results can be seen over on Zaphod's website in the Crappy Mini or Not section. This is the direct link to mine.

Hay yeH I was looking at that! I really like how well you did your mini afterwards! I hope I can improve that much.

Does anyone else have pictures of their first minis? I want to know what they look like.

Ok, I'll join in the fun here. This was my first mini, painted with the thick Liquitex paints (and no, I didn't thin them). Looking at him, I remember that I did repaint his hands a few weeks later with the RPP flesh color. I only had a few different colors and nothing close to flesh so I mixed the best I could come up with at the time.

post-2570-1143146594.jpg

Whiz: You've definitely come a loooong way! :;):

Flit: That actually looks pretty good

My firsts:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/54097

My latest:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/117237

Mind you there's a *long* time in between there, but you can make rapid strides in a short amount of time if you push yourself. I really only got into the artwork side about 3-4 years ago, before that all my pieces were gaming table ugly. :)

Of course, you can! It just takes bum-in-the-chair time. Nothing more. Paint. Paint some more. Then paint even more.

Whiz..you've had your bum in that chair for like 14 or 15 years now haven't you? ::P:

Whiz's slight learning disability isn't the norm though :blink: ----you can improve dramatically in this hobby over a very short period of time--just by following the "bum in the chair" rule. Like Whiz has said, there is no magic key. No amount of advice, reading, research, etc is even close to a replacement for putting paint to metal.

Kev...

Of course, you can! It just takes bum-in-the-chair time. Nothing more. Paint. Paint some more. Then paint even more.

You gotta take a break from painting every once-in-a-while to check out the boards, though. Poke around, ask questions, and have fun. I've learned a lot in only a couple months since I joined up.