MY VERY FIRST and second MINI!

abigail

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

arrgh i get so anal and obsessive! I am like I want to fix that and that! and that! and just a litle touch up here! Man I been doing notin but working and painting for threedays!

Yeah, I go over and over touching up little teeny spots and adding more highlights and whatever else. Then I take pictures and find all this other stuff that I didn't even notice while working on it, but that's what you have to do if you want to keep improving and come out with some nice stuff. Hopefully this will get easier as we get better. :wacko:

arrgh i get so anal and obsessive! I am like I want to fix that and that! and that! and just a litle touch up here! Man I been doing notin but working and painting for threedays!

A piece of art is never finished. It is simply abandoned.

Put it aside and start a new one. Five years from now, pick up another copy and paint it again to see how far you've progressed. ^_^

Well, my first I painted with oil paints, and well, you can guess.

These ones were painted after a year or so of painting, and they are still worse then your first. My advice is keep doing what your doing, and stay on top with the painting community. It also helps to have a forum to tell you when something is good or not, and to critique your technique. If I would have had that then I could have saved myself 2 years of crap mini's.

post-2668-1143225583_thumb.jpg

A piece of art is never finished. It is simply abandoned.

Profound words, Master Whiz...now if only I could put that into action. This is why I do mini exchanges; it forces me to let go of my little obsession whether I want to or not! :lol: I think I may put that thought in my sig if I may quote you ::):.

Profound words, Master Whiz...now if only I could put that into action. This is why I do mini exchanges; it forces me to let go of my little obsession whether I want to or not! :lol: I think I may put that thought in my sig if I may quote you ::):.

Sadly, not my words. I forget where I first heard them. So, I can't properly credit them. But, I should imagine that you should feel free to quote them just the same. They're quite true and fitting of most art... writing, painting, sculpting, BBQ... ::P: