Reptus faction SA

Stubbdog

Questions:

1. is it valid for against models with defensive shot (my archer or mage attacking someone with defensive shot)?

2. with the idea that question #1 has an answer of yes, then can I use both faction SA and marksman on the same turn? Give up non combat movement and both raise my DV and also fire twice?

3. Third question is just a archer question not faction sa type.. If an enemy gets into b2b contat with a mage, that mage can still cast a spell, correct? But, if you get in b2b contact with an archer they cannot fire their bow, right? I assume they cannot fire the bow simply because RAV means ranged and not melee. Well, then the question is if an enemy is attacking me with two models, one model achieves b2b contact but I can still see the second model, can I elect to fire an arrow at that second enemy, or do I have to melee with the first one? And if that is the case, then why is it not the same for a mage?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Yes it can be used against ANY defensive strike, it would add 2 to the DV or MD, which ever is appropriate.

2. No they can not becombined, like stacking archer abilities

3. you can not opt to fire an arrow into someone else if in BAB, you are stuck to MELEE only. You can cast friendly spells while based, but I do not believe offensive spells are allowed.

B

Questions:

1. is it valid for against models with defensive shot (my archer or mage attacking someone with defensive shot)?

2. with the idea that question #1 has an answer of yes, then can I use both faction SA and marksman on the same turn? Give up non combat movement and both raise my DV and also fire twice?

3. Third question is just a archer question not faction sa type.. If an enemy gets into b2b contat with a mage, that mage can still cast a spell, correct? But, if you get in b2b contact with an archer they cannot fire their bow, right? I assume they cannot fire the bow simply because RAV means ranged and not melee. Well, then the question is if an enemy is attacking me with two models, one model achieves b2b contact but I can still see the second model, can I elect to fire an arrow at that second enemy, or do I have to melee with the first one? And if that is the case, then why is it not the same for a mage?

#1 Not sure. Don't have my book with me so I cannot answer.

#2 You can sacrifice a non-combat action for Aura of Thorns and then sacrifice your other non-combat action for the extra shot via Marksmen (+1 #RA). At that point however, you will have used your 2 non-combat actions and would not be able to make a combat action. So you would not be able to make any Ranged Attacks, so you'd have a better MD or DV as appropriate, and an additional #RA for that activation, but you couldn't do anything with it.

#3 You can cast any spell, combat or non-combat, while in b2b contact. If you cast a spell targeting/effecting an enemy model that is in b2b with you, they receive a Defensive Strike as if you were making a melee attack against them. If an enemy model is in b2b contact with you, you cannot make a Ranged attack without first successfully making a Discipline check to break b2b contact.

Because saying "Boogety boogety boo" and pointing a finger is easier to do than drawing an arrow/bolt from a quiver, nocking it, drawing fire and releasing? ::P:

The one reason I can think of, is that a Spell Caster has to actually buy their ammunition (spells) and there is a finite number, so there is an additional cost and limited supply already involved in the process, providing some balance to it. An Archer model has unlimited ammunition in this regard and can continue firing at a significantly lower cost. Preventing the Archer from firing while in b2b contact keeps some balance to this, otherwise the alternative would be to jack the price up.

And, maybe they will introduce a cool faction ability for a set of Elves that allows them to do this. The Reaper Ninja will blend with the Deathseekers into a hybrid. :ph34r::devil: