Bloody Strip 4/8/06

So, apparently, we have two conventions going on this weekend.

UBCon (Buffalo NY) and Mini-GAGG (Geneseo NY).

There have been suggestions that one or both may have Warlord presence, so I'm starting a thread here for folks to discuss which they want or plan to attend, and what events they expect at each. My own mind is not made up... it's tempting to head out to Buffalo, I have friends there I rarely get to see, but it's also quite a ways further to drive than Geneseo for me and would probably necessitate getting a hotel room. (If anyone would care to share this, perhaps, I'd be willing to discuss it.)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there will be no "official" tournament on April 8th, I asked sparky if I could do the paperwork for him, but this was far too late of notice to do it. But we/I will be holding Warlord games on this Saturday at our mini-con. We will be in the union and there will also be a large food order going in for a few bucks. Lots of other games will be there as well. For terrain I ask people to bring whatever they want. We will be using hills, trees, a little bit of wall/castle but dont have much. We have been doing a "army men" set up lately, using our textbooks, soda bottles, anything we could find and giving it appropriate rules under the corebook. We will be starting at 1pm, with optional games earlier if people want to jump in. I will try to run a tournament set up if we get enough players, with everyone moving around, hopefully playing new people.

Any other ideas??

I wish I was not being left home alone with the kiddies all weekend this week or I would come out and throw down with you. I am sorry we missed our chance a few weeks ago.

At least some of us got to see you at Brockport, Ranz.

Maybe we can schedule something later in the month?

Since I'm hitting Reapercon in May, I'll likely be staying close to home at the end of April. I AM trying to coordinate wiht Element's Warden, to make a roadie and take CaptC up on his offer to throw down, hopefully wiht Darthiir. I'm hoping to do it next weekend, but that 's Easter so who knows?

Since I'm hitting Reapercon in May, I'll likely be staying close to home at the end of April. I AM trying to coordinate wiht Element's Warden, to make a roadie and take CaptC up on his offer to throw down, hopefully wiht Darthiir. I'm hoping to do it next weekend, but that 's Easter so who knows?

I'll be open the whole weekend, including Easter Sunday. I'm willing to stay late on Saturday or Sunday. But I thought you had young kids? Unless you don't celebrate Easter, I'm gonna suggest that egg-hunting with the kids should trump Warlord. Games are only games, life is more important.

Having said that, I'm willing to make it a date even if Ranzadule can't make it. Who would be interested in some serious Warlord on April 15 in Massachusetts? All others invited as well!

Wow weee, that was the LONGEST series of Warlord game I think in EXISTENCE!!!! We grabbed terrain and set up at 1pm, it seems a few out of towners showed up and then when we told them we were going to get the terrain to start they left... that was wierd but oh well.

First game was merc vs reptus vs dwarves king of the hill 1000 points. I demoed because 2 were brand new and one kinda new. They LOVED they game, game was awesoely close with reallly variety. I decided it would be quicker and better to throw them in full force, so I made armies like I usually do, a little of everything, so there was clerics, mages, archers. The other two games that went on first were 1v1 with experienced players.

We did a scenario game after with loot the nefsokar temple and not get killed, this was re-run of a old scenario identical to the old we made up. We also did an assassin mission of crusader assassins (g0 figure) killing officials of overlords. With planning a 6 man squad of 1/3 the points can kill about 25 of the enemies.

Then we did some more 1v1 games and one 2v2 game with one 1v1v1.

After breaks for food, hero clix and giant monster rampage it was now 2:30 am after playing warlord. But EVERYONE wanted to keep playing, but the union was closing. So we moved to the Saratoga commons for a 3v3 1500 point game. On one side Anna had her elves, I had dwarves, Nick had reptus.... the other side Willie had overlords, Ben had mercs and Dave (thresher) had necropolis. The battle was EPIC, we got breakfast at 8:00 am.... Details were so complicated i'd just be easy to tell it in person if anyone cares.

Basically overlords were magic heavy with 2 firestorms and 2 holds on their beef casters, killed stuff and held khong-to/naikannons unit twice in a row. Elves got their deathseekers to do their job, seek death. The lupines got ATE UP by archers and a failed charge, lord only killed one unit and was swarmed by number from god. The dwarves took huge casualties from overlords and archers all died via f-storm. Necros got the stick vs elves mostly, only wounded the treant once some how, killed some archers in archer v archer battle but it was not enough. Watching 35 spirit warriors charge the elf archer hill was HILLARIOUS, becuase they disappeared faster than choclate cake. The mercs held for a long time, but the 2 last crossbowmen and the shaman said "no way, not getting paid enough for this crap..." Overlords then fell and necro's numberous BBDF's hit the grunts tearing them up, but once wounded fell to hits and archers. It was a crazy game with a table full of metal... we should have counted, but there were more than 140 models.

Thanks everyone for a really awesome mini-con and welcome to the new players who became addicted to the game something fierce, that makes me happy!!!