Climb Stunt and base size

airhead

I had a hill giant climbing the castle last night. The climb stunt says you can climb 2 elevations when using a rope or using a ladder before you have to roll a stunt check. That is fine - for a normal sized guy (base size 1). We had a level 4 wall and a base size 3 giant wanting to scale it. For the night, we ruled the giant could free climb the wall up to base size +1. Same as a man going over a level 1 rock wall. Two levels larger than base requires a rope or ladder.

Ideas? Critiques? Comments?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds reasonable to me that a taller model would be able to climb a higher wall than a regular model with no added risk... but here is something to bear in mind too.

A HEAVIER model such as a giant or troll SHOULD suffer some penalties for using a ladder or rope designed for normal models... and also a larger model when free-climbing could expect to find less suitably large handholds or ledges to pull himself up by....AND the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

I once lost a troll to a rickety wooden ladder and a quick coup-de-grace. :(