Sign in to follow this  
Dhalthamus

Hi. Newbie here.

I wasn't sure where else to post this, so I thought I'd post it here. Just thought I'd say hi and thanks for having me. My name is Damon, I live in Phoenix and I'm pretty new to the world of minis. Just started painting minis back around the first of the year because I decided I needed another hobby to throw money at. I'm not nearly talented enough to worry about competition-grade painting, but I'm getting pretty solid on table-top gaming quality pieces. I'm also learning to sculpt out of necessity. Any tips and tricks are appreciated. As of now I don't have a camera with a good macro mode, so you won't see too much of my stuff until I can afford a new one.

I'm really a computer geek by day and a musician by night. I play D&D on the weekends when I don't have a gig and try to paint when I have the time. If you're wondering, Dhalthamus is "my Elminster" if you will, my uber-NPC who can set up a story for my players then pop in and bail them out when I realize how badly I overestimated their ability to deal with a epic threat as 5th level characters. :devil:

So, that's me in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to mingling with and learning from you fine folks. :blues:

Welcome to the boards. People here are friendly and great at sharing hobby advice.

Welcome to the board.

Seeing as yer new I'll go over a few things to help you navigate yer way around.

First off, we have a newcomer tax here. We'll call it a grift tax for every post you make you most send ten dollars to us. For yer convience you could also just pay a one time fee of a thousand bucks. I'll pm you with a bank account number that you can wire money too.

Once again welcome to the board :devil:

Don't worry most of us are harmless.

Welcome to the board.

Seeing as yer new I'll go over a few things to help you navigate yer way around.

First off, we have a newcomer tax here. We'll call it a grift tax for every post you make you most send ten dollars to us. For yer convience you could also just pay a one time fee of a thousand bucks. I'll pm you with a bank account number that you can wire money too.

Once again welcome to the board :devil:

Don't worry most of us are harmless.

You forgot the part about sending Reaperbryan Hot wings too!

Welcome to the boards ::D:

You probably could find a friendlier board, but it would almost have to be a Brady Bunch board or maybe a My Pretty Pony board.

Welcome!

You probably could find a friendlier board, but it would almost have to be a Brady Bunch board or maybe a My Pretty Pony board.

Welcome!

Yes, but while those boards might be friendlier, the overwhelming nausea makes me avoid them. :lol:

Are you kidding? That My Pretty Pony Board gives me shivers. You've never seen such a group of vicious, foul-mouthed preteens in your life!

No, no My Pretty Ponies for me, thank you all the same.

kit

Hello and welcome to the boards where new converts are alaways welcome.... especially if ypur as nice as the rest of us.