Sign in to follow this  
Dhalthamus

Hi. Newbie here.

Hey Kevin, I lived in Tucson for about 4 years before I moved up here to the Smog Pit of AZ. Someday I hope to move back down there, actually. I wasn't into minis when I lived there, but I know I usually got my RPG fix at a place called Things for Thinkers. I know it was on Speedway, I'm wanting to think just west of Swan on the south side in a strip mall. Not sure what their mini selection is like (or even if they're still in business) but you might want to take a look.

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, Things for Thinkers abruptly closed with no warning about a month after I moved here. It was a great resource to find people and had a nice mini selection, but alas it is gone and it left a lot of people out in the cold apparently. I know there is still a place called Hat's Games close to Davis Monthan that caters to the GW crowd a bit, but it's too far for me for now as I'm on the far Northwest side.

I'm sure the job market is a lot better in Phoenix than in Tucson. That's one good reason to be up there. I don't know if I could do it though. Phoenix traffic hurts my brain.

No!

Things for Thinkers closed!

Tell me Coffee Etc. is still open!

ANd Fanstay Comics...

Well, Coffee Etc. is gone, but Fantasy Comics is still here. I totally miss late nights at Coffee Etc., and there really isn't a replacement for it. There's also probably a lot more traffic now since you were here, so a lot more road frustration. Tucson is sort of in a state of flux, with one hand firmly on it's small town roots, and the other hand being pulled by the influx of businesses towards a real population center.