The Second Jasco/Game Exchange Warlord Open

The Second Jasco/Game Exchange Warlord Open. This Saturday April 8th!!!

This tourniment will be played in the Swiss Style with 1000 point forces.

We will have prizes for first through third places as well as prizes for best painted force and of course a Murphy's luck prize.

This even will be played at the Jasco location in Flowermound located at 2240 Morriss Rd, Flower Mound, TX 75028.

Please see the Jasco location for the sign-up sheet and more information.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and of course a Murphy's luck prize.

Shouldn't that be called "Bruce's Luck?" :;):

Grooaann.

Okay, now since Spatula can't win the best painted prize again, I shouldn't be able to win the Murphy's Luck prize again.

Or at least that's my logic to at least slow the tide of this barrage of heckling.

But I doubt that'll happen ::P:

Instead of having a tournament this coming weekend in Dallas, why don't all of you join Stubbdog and trek up to Tulsa and join our group? Right now, assuming everyone shows that has said they will, we're looking at like 14 people showing up. That's not counting any stragglers I don't know about. Then, if you can push the tournament back until like June I can probably get a few of us to come down for a visit. Why June you ask? Well, I'm kinda booked up until June on my weekends. But, I will bring down as many people as I can. ::):

So, whadda ya say? :wub:

Wild Bill :blues:

the Tourny is being put on by the store itself with support from Reaper.

We will be having a Tourny in June, 1500 or more points that has yet to be set, but we'll have enough notice for everyone who wants to travel to come down.

Mad Pat

Wild Bill,

If I had known about your tournament when I scheduled this one I would have definitely put it on another weekend. We have had this planned for awhile now but I was very late in getting it on the net. I know many of the people coming to the tournament here can't make the drive up there due to time constraints. Talking about June though, Mad Pat and I are going to run a 1500pt Warlord Tourney about mid-month. I will definitely get the word out earlier on this next one and would love to have y'all come on down here for it. Let me know about any future events you are running and I will definitely get the word out to everyone down here and do everything I can to avoid any future scheduling conflicts. Thanks.

Mark

Manager

Jasco Games

I was hoping that since I posted my tournament like a month in advance this sort of thing wouldn't have happened. :down: Doubly so since we are so close to each other. :down:

Well, I sincerely hope you that you have stellar turnout and everything runs smooth as silk for you tomorrow. ::)::wub:::D:

As far as the June tournament, just make sure the tournament is less than 1,501 points. I don't want to be forced to field my uber-crappy Dwarven Warlord. :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

Well, the tournament is over and congrats to all the players and winners. Thanks to Mark for hosting and running the tourney! Thanks to Reaper for supplying the big prizes!

The Winners:

1st Place: Richard Singleton, a man who only just started playing Warlord TODAY, and won all three of his games. He won the Gauth dragon model.

2nd Place: Alexander Coxe, who won the Stormwing dragon model.

3rd Place: Lord Abbot (sorry, can't remember your actual name), the Master Reptus player, who won an army box of his choice.

4th Place: Kevin Locke, the Not-Quite-Master Reptus player, who won a blister of his choice.

Murphy's Luck: Sadly, Tabascojunkie failed to show and so was not eligible to win this prize. It went to Kevin Locke for shooting 30+ times to score only one hit.

Best Sportsmanship: Paul Ogletree, who won an army box of his choice.

Best Painted Army: Kevin Moore (me) with an Elf army I spent all week finishing. My lovely prize was the full Reaper Master Series paint set. My precious.... :lol:

EDIT: I just realized that I may be mistaken and have the 2nd and 3rd place winners switched around. If so, my apologies.

EDIT: I just realized that I may be mistaken and have the 2nd and 3rd place winners switched around. If so, my apologies.

You are totally correct Kevin, Alex was 2nd and I was 3rd. It was a great tourney and if you have never been to Jasco, I strongly suggest you visit.

It was a great tournament with 12 super players. I would just like to thank everyone that played for making this a great event and also give a special thanks to Michael at the Asylum for providing us with prize support. Without his assistance this could not have turned out as well as it did. As far as winners, here is a list of who won what.

1st Place (Gauth Dragon Box): Richard Singleton. Mercenary Army w/ Lupine Lord and 4 Ragers. Richard proved that you can learn how to play this game that day and compete with the more experienced players. Congratulations!

2nd Place (Stormwing Dragon Box): Alexander Coxe. Darkspawn. Alexander proved that the pain tokens are completely broken and should be removed from the game. Okay, maybe he did come in second because he is that good of a player, but I still don't like the pain tokens.

3rd Place (Army Box of Choice): John Allison aka Lord Abbott. There is a reason that John is in 1st place in our region. He is an incredible Reptus player and gave both of our local Reptus players a free lesson on how to play their armies the correct way.

4th Place (Blister of Choice) and Murphy's Luck Award (Bag of New Dice): Kevin Locke. Reptus. I usually don't allow players to win two prizes as tournaments but this couldn't be helped. Eventhough Kevin had two great first games, his dice completely gave up on him in the third round. 1 Hit out of 34 Bow Shots definitely deserves the Murphy's Luck award. I would almost say that is worse than losing to your wife. Then again, I would rather miss 33 out of 34 shots. Sorry Bruce.

Best Painted (Master Paint Set 3): Kevin Moore. Elves. Kevin lost this award at our last tournament by one vote (note: he voted for someone else) and decided that at this tournament the award was his. With Kyle in agreement not to enter the painting competition this time around (because he won the paint set at the last tournament with a one vote win over Kevin), Kevin won hands down. See what happens when you vote for yourself.

Best Sport ( "Special" secret prize): Paul Ogletree. Crusaders. Paul was the only player that was voted unanimously by all of his opponents as best sport. I would tell you what the prize was, but all that were at the tournament are sworn to secrecy by Michael at Reaper.

Thanks again everyone for a great day and I look forward to seeing everyone in June for our 1500pt tournament. As soon as Mad Pat and I set a date we will let everyone know the details.

Mark Kielty

Jasco Games