A few ideas of box sets i would like to see

Madzerker

Here are a few things I think would be great for box sets ( ala pirate box set) and would sell well due to player need and lack of miniatures out there to represent.

A band of brigands or thugs. How often are you waylaid on the road by a band of dirty, stinky, hairy, poorly equipped but nasty men, these would be great.

A group of cultist type priests. Maybe wearing hoods or masks but could be used as a cult or priesthood of many a malevolant God.

City Guard. Every town has them , every gamer could use them. (and i know anhur guys would work well but I am using them as an army in my world already heh)

more peasants and townsfolk, i.e. farmers, royal court, multiple merchants, beggars, among others.

Give us some more ideas of good box sets of "groups" not singles of guys you would like to see produced, maybe we will get Reapers scultper's wheels turning :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A band of brigands or thugs. How often are you waylaid on the road by a band of dirty, stinky, hairy, poorly equipped but nasty men, these would be great.

sounds like the next townsfolk pack stock number #2677, it arrived at the distributors this week should hit the stores next week.

Townsfolk IV- Bandits and Loot (4 pieces I think) here is the green from that pack.

2677g.jpg

and welcome to the boards.

cbs

A Sphinx

or an Egyptian Chariot

I think I've mentioned those before.  (and I'm wondering when they're going to tell me to shut up already)   :oo:

Okay, no more stalling, I gotta go to work.    

*hugs everyone and dashes off for more overtime pay*

A box set of the gods of Adon. Lumis, Aurellius etc. would be very cool. In a  slightly bigger scale than the Warlord line and the Dark Heaven. After all they are gods and should look imposing!

Critters of the forest, satyrs, dryads, etc. Make it a selection of good and bad critters too.

I agree with Arynun a Egyptian themed box set would be cool since there is an appropriate setting for them in the Reaper world.

Lady Tam

A box set of the gods of Adon. Lumis, Aurellius etc. would be very cool. In a  slightly bigger scale than the Warlord line and the Dark Heaven. After all they are gods and should look imposing!

Critters of the forest, satyrs, dryads, etc. Make it a selection of good and bad critters too.

I agree with Arynun a Egyptian themed box set would be cool since there is an appropriate setting for them in the Reaper world.

Lady Tam

word. I would Love this and buy at least one, maybe three.

Some more dragon box sets that come with "accessories" Like treasure, captives, cohorts etc. (Would have loved to see the half elf girl from the Kaladrax story from the one Casketworks)

Some more collaboration pieces done off of Artist paintings. (Like the Parkison's one you did "Druids Stone")

Lady Tam

Some more dragon box sets that come with "accessories" Like treasure, captives, cohorts etc. (Would have loved to see the half elf girl from the Kaladrax story from the one Casketworks)

Some more collaboration pieces done off of Artist paintings. (Like the Parkison's one you did "Druids Stone")

Lady Tam

Yeah, the Kaladrax girl would be a very nice mini for you to make.

I would LOVE to see any of the following:

City Guards (basically fighters that aren't overly armed/armored)

Merchants (Could come with acessories like fruit cart and table of goods)

Hirelings (gotta have my torch bearers!)

Hirelings (gotta have my torch bearers!)

Kenzer & Company is advertising a pair of hireling packs for June release. One of the figures is a halfling torch bearer cowering behind, apparently, a seperate shield. Another is a pack ape (which only makes sense if you read Knights of the Dinner Table magazine).

I recently picked up Reaper's Merchant with two guys hauling a chest as well as the Dwarven Brewmeister with Patrons :cool: .  Next I plan to get some of the townsfolk :D

What I look for in a boxed set is something unique or unusual I cannot easily get elsewhere. So while some sets suggested here and elsewhere seem cool, they might not end up on my shelf. It may be useful to explain what I bought and why.

The boxed sets I own from Reaper are:

Mossbeard - he looked fun to build, had a cool druid mini with him. Plus, he was cheap at the price compared to other similar critters from other companies.

Pirates of the Dragonspine Sea - face it, a *lot* of companies make very good pirate minis - Old Glory, Flagship, Foundry, and Eureka just to name a few. I needed more pirates like I needed a hole in my head. However, it did come with a tremendously cool unique figure - a monkey seated on a treasure chest. That was worth the price of the set right there.

Court of Abyst - Another "looked fun to build and paint" set, although it still sits unassembled in my house, so it remains to be seen if I will in fact build the minis within. As a bonus, Abyst alone would probably run $10-$12, but for twice that I got a nice pack of demonic humanoids. I picked this up at a serious discount, which did not hurt one bit.

Dwarven War Cannon - this one just looked nice, and although I have no use for a dwarven cannon, I had no use for the Ral Partha Dwarven Arequebusiers I bought years ago either. Easy to assemble, and certainly an attractive model.

I also have a couple of dragons (Gauth and T'Raukzul), but they are hardly "sets" so much as really big-butt blisters.

I have a number of non-Reaper boxed sets that tend to follow the pattern - either they offer a *great* deal for what I need (Warhammer plastics for generic soldiers and bandits and such in my RPGs) or have some real personality and represent something unique (Grenadier Hirelings, Ral Partha Black Prince's Chariot of Doom).

I am not sure how much this helps, but I tend to evaluate boxed sets this way - how much value does this give me for the cost and contents, and how unique are those contents? A boxed set of mummys sounds cool, but I have a lot of mummies. A boxed set of re-issued mouslings and verminites would be cool, because they are somewhat unusual (lots of rat critters around, but the Reaper ones stood out).

Yeah, one more time for you Kit,

SIEGE MACHINES :p

engineers and crew to serve them.

(Thanks again for the info.)

Knick knacks like workbenches, shelves, tables, chairs.

And why not try scenario's for box sets., like the joust or Kings court; I know another company  has something like this out already, but wouldn't we all prefer Reaper, (wink, wink)

I think scenario based box sets are a great idea. Maybe not including every single mini that it takes to play through an adventure, but definitely the main NPC's and special monsters. Or perhaps one of the new Reaper games will include "faction" type box sets? C'mon Reaper small boxes are so much easier to explain to the wife than two fat fistfulls of blisterpacks!

:O