Okay, so I saw in one of the events posted over in General, an idea they had for a free-for-all.

Everyone brings a 2000-point TROOP.

No way I could get to the game in question, so, hm. What would I put in an army like that. Well, let's see.

Nefsokar, of course, so:

Senet Net'Merew, Greater Magic Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Lesser Accuracy Upgrade

Ibrahim, GMA, GMW

Atifa, GMA, 2x Hold, 4x Bandage, Lesser Magical Empowerment

6x Khamsin Lancers, GMA, LMW

3x Mounted Archers, GMA, LMW, Lesser Accuracy Upgrade

Troop Standard

Troop Musician

And if Rochester folks want to try and play this, I'd love to.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only played twice so I'm sure some of the other dwarf players will show me the error of my ways but here is what I would field. Of course if we had a cheaper warlord I would have fielded another bear rider or maybe a griffon.

2000 Pts - Dwarves Company - Aizens Hammer

King Thorgram Grimsteel (12#, 898 Pts)

1 King Thorgram Grimsteel

Deflect; Fearless; Scrye Shot; Spy; Tactician; Tough/4; Trencher; Warmaster

1 Margara Firetongue

Mage 3/12; Assassin; Defensive Magic; Deflect; Rogue; Ronin

1 Improved Protection

1 Spell - Ice Shards

1 Spell - Ice Shards

1 Spell - Dispel

1 Spell - Firestorm

1 Kara Foehunter

Assassin; Critical Shot; Ranger; Rogue; Ronin; Spy; Wood Strider

9 Dwarf Piercer

Volley

1 Troop Musician

Fulumbar Ironhammer (11#, 423 Pts)

1 Fulumbar Ironhammer, Clan Eldar

Bloodlust/2; Deflect; Fearless; Tough/3; Trencher

1 Ivar Silverfist, Priest

Cleric 2/6; Deflect; Fearless; Holy; Trencher

1 Spell - Bandage

1 Spell - Bandage

1 Spell - Bless

1 Spell - Bless

1 Spell - Speed

1 Familiar

9 Dwarf Swiftaxe

Breaker; Runner/2

1 Troop Musician

Freya Fangbreaker (10#, 331 Pts)

1 Freya Fangbreaker, Shieldmaiden

Deflect; Fearless; Tough/2; Trencher; Warmaster

1 Lesser Magic Armor

9 Shieldmaidens

Deflect; Tough/1; Trencher

1 Troop Musician

Gargram Heavyhand (10#, 227 Pts)

1 Gargram Heavyhand

Bloodlust/2; Deflect; Tough/2; Trencher

4 Dwarf Warrior

Bloodlust/2; Tough/1; Trencher

1 Troop Musician

5 Dwarf Halberdier

Reach

Thorvald Clawhelm (1#, 118 Pts)

1 Thorvald Clawhelm, Bear Rider

Shock; Deflect; Horrid; Mounted; Reach; Tough/3; Warmaster

1 Improved Protection

Total Company Cost: 1997

That was from my tournament that we held on Saturday. Yes, Herr is correct. It was a 2,000 point TROOP, not ARMY. You were essentially allowed 12-13 models (not counting mob) and 2,000 points with which to build. Basically, who could build the cheeziest army around? ^_^

I have three lists that I created (Dwarves, Reptus, and Razig), but I'll have to go home after work and post them later. I don't remember off the top of my head what I did now. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

I will admit, though, that Dwarves do seem a bit easier to do this with than some armies, what with having a 400-point Warlord (I've seen a 1000-point Dwarf army with, literally, five models in it. And I've seen it win games. Frosch will back me up on this.)

Filling out that single troop and adding some upgrades... well, that could be interesting indeed. :)

As for Goblins... hrm. How many -can- you fit in a single troop, even with Mob? ISTR the Goblin list gives all Goblins Mob and all Goblin Leaders Mob/5, and Neek already has Mob/10, so.. hrm.

Neek w/ Greater Magic Armor, Moderate Magic Weapon, Divine Favor

14 Goblin Skeeters w/ Greater Magic Armor & Lesser Accuracy Upgrade

Alternatively:

Neek w/ Greater Magic Armor, Moderate Magic Weapon

10 Goblin Skeeters w/ Greater Magic Armor & Lesser Accuracy Upgrade

11 Noghra Warriors w/ Greater Magic Armor & Lesser Magic Weapon

Totem of Battle

Yes, but can you do a 2K-point TROOP?

Oh, :blush: you mean something like this?

2000 Pts - Dwarves Company - Unnamed

King Thorgram Grimsteel (12#, 1994 Pts)

1 King Thorgram Grimsteel

Deflect; Fearless; Scrye Shot; Spy; Tactician; Tough/4; Trencher; Warmaster

1 Divine Favor

1 Greater Magic Armor

1 Greater Magic Weapon

1 Magical Protection

1 Greater Accuracy

1 Margara Firetongue

Mage 3/12; Assassin; Defensive Magic; Deflect; Rogue; Ronin

1 Greater Magic Armor

1 Improved Protection

1 Spell - Ice Shards

1 Spell - Ice Shards

1 Spell - Bolt

1 Spell - Fireball

1 Spell - Dispel

1 Spell - Firestorm

1 Greater Magical Empowerment

1 Familiar

1 Lesser Magical Protection

1 Ivar Silverfist, Priest

Cleric 2/6; Deflect; Fearless; Holy; Trencher

1 Spell - Bandage

1 Spell - Bandage

1 Greater Magic Armor

1 Spell - Cure

1 Spell - Hold

1 Moderate Magic Weapon

1 Lesser Magical Empowerment

1 Greater Magical Protection

1 Familiar

9 Shieldmaidens

Deflect; Tough/1; Trencher

1 Troop Musician

1 Greater Magic Armor

1 Lesser Magic Weapon

Total Company Cost: 1994

Just because I don't have the Reven book with me at work (go figure :poke: ), is Neek a Warlord? One of the requirements I had put down was that you HAD to have a warlord in your troop. Because of the late time, only 4 people ended up playing Saturday night. Elves vs Crusaders vs Mercenary vs Reptus. I was playing the Reptus. I had Khong-To, T'kay, and 9 breakers. All of them had the Greater Movement Upgrade, plus a musician. Khong could charge 16"! :devil:

I ended up starting near the Elves so I went afer them. Stupid Elves!! They like used a Gatling gun and mowed down all of my breakers, despite making sure they had DV 11! :angry:

Meanwhile, the Crusaders were working on converting the entire Merc force onto their side!! :blink:

We had to call it because of time, but it worked out that the Mercs were down to just a couple of people, all I had was a wounded Khong and a still kicking T'kay, and the Elves had been whittled down to just a couple of models (thanks to me! :devil: ). We called it and gave the game to the Crusaders. They were just too tough.

Was it my list?!?! Yessir! I knew James would make good use of that list. Yesss!

... It was my list, right?

Yes it was!!! After rewriting it so everyone could understand it, I think we might have added one more magic upgrade, but I don't remember now. James was pretty stoked to win the trophy and the plush 10 sided dice (that consistently rolled 9 and 10 every time! :blink: ). I'm just now waiting for James to try to use them this week on Thursday evening. :lol:

I believe the Noghra list specifies that Neek can be any rank desired -- Sergeant, Captain, or Warlord.

And yeah, Shadowhunter, that's the Scary Dwarves List.

I actually had a list for my Dwarves developed as well. Alas, I left it at home this morning! :angry: So, tonight I will be posting my 2,000 point troop ideas for my Dwarves, as well as what I played using Reptus, and a theoretical Razig army. I don't own any of those models, but I would like to!! :poke:

Yes it was!!! After rewriting it so everyone could understand it...

I had grabbed an early draft of that list on my way out. I had left the final sitting at home. After all the adrenline after the first two rounds, I surprised you could even attempt to decypher it. That loss to Marlin really got it flowing.

Well, without further ado, here are the three lists that I created for the 2,000 point troop idea. I will abbreviate all of the items so I don't have to spend a lot of time typing. :poke:

Dwarves

King Thorgram Grimsteel = 411 pts + G.M.A. 30 pts. + G.M.W. 115 pts. + M.P. 30 pts. + G.A.U. 75 pts. + G.M.U. 60 points + D.F. 10 pts. = 731 pts

Ivar Silverfist = 67 pts. + Bandage 3 @ 10 pts. ea. + Bless 3 @ 5 pts. ea. + G.M.A. 30 pts. + G.M.W. 115 pts. + G.M.P. 60 pts. + L.M.E. 15 pts. + G.M.U. 60 pts. = 392 pts.

Margara Firetongue = 47 pts. + Firestorm 4 @ 75 pts. ea. + G.M.A 30 pts. + G.M.W. 115 pts. + M.P. 30 pts. + G.M.U. 60 pts. + G.M.E. 45 pts. + G.A.U. 75 pts. = 702 pts.

Shieldmaidens = 6 @ 26 pts. ea. + Musician 15 pts. = 171 pts.

Total: 1,996 pts.

Reptus

Khong-To = 251 pts. + G.M.A. 30 pts. + G.M.W. 115 pts. + M.P. 30 pts. + G.M.U. 60 pts. + D.F. 10 pts. = 496 pts.

T'Kay = 51 pts. + Bandage 6 @ 10 pts. ea. + G.M.A. 30 pts. + G.M.W. 115 pts. + L.M.E. 15 pts. + G.M.U. 60 pts. = 391 pts.

Skull Breakers = 9 @ 24 pts. ea. + Musician 15 pts. + Standard Bearer 10 pts. + L.M.W. 9 @ 15 pts. ea. + I.P. 9 @ 20 pts. ea. + G.M.U. 9 @ 60 pts. ea. = 1,096 pts.

Total: 1,983 pts.

Razig's Revenge

Captain Razig = 222 pts. + D.F. 10 pts. + G.M.A. 30 pts. + G.M.W. 115 pts. + M.P. 30 pts. + G.A.U. 75 pts. + G.M.U. 60 pts. = 542 pts.

Soul Cannon = 49 pts. + G.M.U. 60 pts. + G.A.U. 75 pts. = 184 pts.

Skeletal Crewmen = 8 @ 22 pts. ea. + Musician 15 pts. + Standard Bearer 10 pts. + L.M.W. 8 @ 15 pts. ea. = 321 pts.

Zombie Recruit = 4 @ 33 pts. ea. + G.M.U. 4 @ 60 pts. ea. = 372 pts.

Totem of Battle = 200 pts.

Total: 1,987 pts.

There you have it folks!!! Those were my brilliant ideas. The Dwarf list I made some time ago, and has never been play tested. I suspect it would lose, but you never know. The Reptus list I played on Saturday and the Breakers didn't fare as well as I would hope. Of course, I was facing the machine gun toting Elves so what do you expect? :devil:

Anyways, feel free to comment and/or critique! :B):