There you have it folks!!! Those were my brilliant ideas. The Dwarf list I made some time ago, and has never been play tested. I suspect it would lose, but you never know. The Reptus list I played on Saturday and the Breakers didn't fare as well as I would hope. Of course, I was facing the machine gun toting Elves so what do you expect? :devil:

Anyways, feel free to comment and/or critique! :B):

Wild Bill :blues:

How well do you think 9 Shieldmaidens with defect and a DV of 13 would have faired against the elves machinegun with support from Margara and Ivar? Plus King Grimsteel scrye shooting them from behind cover.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Razig's Revenge

Captain Razig = 222 pts. + D.F. 10 pts. + G.M.A. 30 pts. + G.M.W. 115 pts. + M.P. 30 pts. + G.A.U. 75 pts. + G.M.U. 60 pts. = 542 pts.

Soul Cannon = 49 pts. + G.M.U. 60 pts. + G.A.U. 75 pts. = 184 pts.

Skeletal Crewmen = 8 @ 22 pts. ea. + Musician 15 pts. + Standard Bearer 10 pts. + L.M.W. 8 @ 15 pts. ea. = 321 pts.

Zombie Recruit = 4 @ 33 pts. ea. + G.M.U. 4 @ 60 pts. ea. = 372 pts.

Totem of Battle = 200 pts.

Total: 1,987 pts.

Anyways, feel free to comment and/or critique! :B):

Buying a Useless Totem of Battle is taking the easy way out. You already bought Weapon Upgrades. Find another way to spend those 200 points ::P:

Buying a Useless Totem of Battle is taking the easy way out. You already bought Weapon Upgrades. Find another way to spend those 200 points ::P:

Uhm...oops!! :blush:

I knew that. I was just testing you guys. Really. I was. Honestly. ::P:

Hmm...let's see. That means I now have 213 points to play with. So, I'll give the Zombie Recruits L.M.W. each for another 60 points. The Skeletal Crewmen will receive L.M.A. each, for another 120 points. That's a total of 180 so far, leaving 33 points. I'll give two of the Soul Cannons L.M.A. as well, leaving 3 points left over! :devil:

Ashkrypt

GME, GMA, Firestorm, Firestorm, Life T, Life T, Ice S, Ice S

Ymilrix

GMW, GMA, DF

Balthon

Teleport, Cure, Hold, Bandage, Bandage

Arik

GME, Firestorm, Life T, Life T, Ice S, Ice S

Xbowmen (5)

Warriors (4) + musician

Bondslaves (2)

Total 1498

Extra elite slots rock. :blues:

I'd bring some cavalry if I had any...

PS

Ashkrypt

Ymilrix

GMW, GMA, DF

Balthon

Arik

Xbowmen (5)

Warriors (4) + musician

Bondslaves (2)

Total 1498

PS

I'd be more than happy to being a 2000 point troop up against that list. You shorted yourself 502 points Pete ^_^

Wild Bill, any TRUE pirate would drop the Totem and throw open the weapon cache and give the zombies and Skellies GUNS!!!! 12 models x 15 points each is 180 points. Make up the rest with accuracy upgrades and drop the movement upgrades. ARRRRRRRGH!

Well, you go with the hordes of pistol-packin' Pirates. Here's my smaller, more elite shore party:

Razig

Magical protection

Divine Favor

Greater Magical Armour

Greater Magical Weapon

8x Bone Marines

Greater Magical Armour

greater Accuravcy Upgrade

Musician

Standard Bearer

3x Soul Cannon

Greater Magical Armour

Greater Accuracy Upgrade

1998(ish)

Ashkrypt

Ymilrix

GMW, GMA, DF

Balthon

Arik

Xbowmen (5)

Warriors (4) + musician

Bondslaves (2)

Total 1498

PS

I'd be more than happy to being a 2000 point troop up against that list. You shorted yourself 502 points Pete ^_^

Man! Time to spend a bunch more points!

PS

Crypt Legion:

Moandain 155

DF 10

GMA 30

GME 45

1x Convulsive Fear 15

2x Life Transfer 40

5x Undying Host 375

Fireball 50

Firestorm 75

Familiar 20

Gruesome Familiar 10

10x Bindsoul 20

Total: 845

Totem of Battle 200

Total: 200

Sir Dauron Deathknight: 172

GMA 30

GMW 115

GMove 60

Total: 377

5x Zombies: 125

Musician: 15

IP: 100

Total: 240

4x Skeletal Archers: 96

IP: 80

LA: 160

Total: 336

Grand Total: 845+200+377+240+336=1998

This list depends upon Moandain generating a horde of minions. He'll use the bindsouls to increase the number of minions generated. Undamaged and using two bindsouls per cast, Moandain averages almost 4.5 minions per cast! With 5 casts, that's ~22 minions. The gruesome familiar moves with the minions - this keeps the minions in a group, instead of being strung out all over the battlefield, and gives Moandain more possibilities for a good fireball/firestorm shot. The altar gives all the minions +1MAV. The Zombies and Archers are just there to give Moandain time to cast. Dauron is there to go toe to toe with an enemy baddie, and frankly as a point sink.

Edit: I miscalculated the number of minions Moandain would get. I forgot the +2 for casting on friendly models. He actually averages 5.1 minions per cast!

Nice Crypt Legion list there, Capt C. Almost seems like it could have a chance holding up against a regular, multi-troop army, with the hordes of spectral minions.

You can give a cannon a lmw but not a broken fodder who is already wielding a weapon? I should mod my figs to not have weapons; they upset me too much. ;_;

The way I understand it, it's not the cannon itself that gets the weapon and uses its MAV for close combat, but the crewman who is operating it. If you look at the mini, you can see that there is a skeletal pirate that goes with it.

Nice Crypt Legion list there, Capt C. Almost seems like it could have a chance holding up against a regular, multi-troop army, with the hordes of spectral minions.

Not against that elf gunline, for instance. Any army that can outshoot Moandain will defeat the Legion. That's the paper to my rock. Zombies are too slow, and minions too lightly armored, to stand up to a hail of arrows. Factor in critical shot aimed at Moandain, and he'll fall.

A fast melee army with teleport or speed might be able to get there before Moandain gets enough minions manufactured, as well.

But it would be a fun exercise. (Hmmm. I'd need to get Dauron and another 12(!) spectral minions in order to run that list... ::D: )