The Elven Machine Gun Line:

Prince Danithal, GMA, MP, GME, DF, Fireball X2

Lysette, GME, MP, GMA, MP, Firestorm X3, Fireball X1, Ice Shards X1,

Caerwynn, MP, GMA, GAU, Bandage x2

Archer X8, Lesser accuracy upgrade X8

Deathseeker, Musician.

I feel dirty.

And the sad thing is that it falls apart like wet paper to one Firestorm, well-placed. Maybe pack Dispel? Sure, the mage would have to be Teleported in to land the big nuke, but once you start talking about 2,000 point troops...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like fun. I'm going to try out a Crusader group with it tonight, and report back tomorrow with the final list and the result of the battle. Wonder if I can manage to Mercy the other side's Warlord.... :devil:

~v

The Merc player in our battle last Saturday had the unfortunate circumstance to have his mage be mercied...with a full spell compliment! D'oh!! :blink::wacko:

He had to immediately nuke the mage to make sure it didn't hurt him!!

Wild Bill :blues:

The Elven Machine Gun Line:

Prince Danithal, GMA, MP, GME, DF, Fireball X2

Lysette, GME, MP, GMA, MP, Firestorm X3, Fireball X1, Ice Shards X1,

Caerwynn, MP, GMA, GAU, Bandage x2

Archer X8, Lesser accuracy upgrade X8

Deathseeker, Musician.

I feel dirty.

And the sad thing is that it falls apart like wet paper to one Firestorm, well-placed. Maybe pack Dispel? Sure, the mage would have to be Teleported in to land the big nuke, but once you start talking about 2,000 point troops...

You make a good point if the elves are clustered for volley attacks. Given this force, I see a lot of space between archers. Against MV 10, each archer is hitting 50% of the time, or not hitting 25% of the time if they can use marksman.

Of course, I think 1500 points of goblins (multiple troops) would eat the 11 elves for brunch.

My Reptus fared about the same. That's ok though! It was a total blast and it was totally worth it to see the shock on my opponent's face when Khong-To charged 16 inches to come into base-to-base with his Warlord and then proceed to wound it 3 times. :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

Darthiir and I played a 2000 point troop, Crypt Legion vs. Elves. Darthiir played a different list of elves, maybe we can get him to post it here. He took a five archers and four warriors, but brought a lot of fireballs and firestorms between his three characters (Danithal, Lysette, Ardynn.) The idea was to drop my archers with his, while his mage blasted my minions and zombies with fireballs and firestorms. Overlapping spells would be able to reduce the zombies tough checks from tough/4 to tough/1.

My plan was to create enough minions to weather the storm.

The field had a few woods and hills scattered in the field. Deployment favored Necropolis, as I got choice of location and sheltered my altar of battle and my troop behind some woods.

The elves started first, moved forward a bit, and knocked down two of my archers. Neither stood up, but I got an elf archer with my return fire. Moandain raised five minions.

The second turn saw the elves go first again. Two fireballs and a firestorm knocked down five minions, three zombies, and wounded Dauron. Archers put down the last two skeleton archers, wounded the gruesome familiar taking one of Moandains spells, and knocked down another zombie. Moandain replied with a necromantic surge that healed Dauron, brought back all five minions and a zombie. The renewed host charged the elf line, and prayed for a favorable initiative deck.

And got one! Continuing the charge, the zombies and minions swarmed Danithal and his two bodyguards while engaging the rest of the elves. One of Danithal's bodyguards died bravely, and Danithal took a wound. Moandain dropped three of the elf archers with a fireball. With the elves down to one archer, and Darthiir's entire battle line engaged in hand to hand, I was feeling pretty confident. But then Danithal and Lysette made discipline checks to run away from my minions. Ardynn moved toward Moandain and tried a fireball that missed. Danithal and Lysette dropped fireballs and firestorms that put all of the Crypt Legion on the ground, except one lone zombie. His three remaining warriors dropped the minions they were engaged with, although one of the warriors died.

Next round the Elves went first. Disaster! The elves finished off Dauron, and made the rounds from body to body delivering coup de grace. Ardynn tried to charge Moandain, but failed his horrid check. One of the elf bodyguards double-moved and charged the gruesome familiar. Lysette and Danithal moved to support Ardynn and to threaten my Altar of Battle. Moandain was too far away to heal Dauron and his friends. Down to DE/1 checks, nothing came back except one zombie, but that was important as the zombie charged and dispatched the last elf archer. Moandain moved away and raised four minions. The minions swarmed Ardyn, getting two wounds.

Elves went first again in round 5. Ardyn sold his live dearly, dropping a ground zero fireball that took three minions and almost wounded Moandain. Moandain grimaced, and raised 6 minions. The minions finished off the rest of the elf warriors.

In round six, Danithal attacked, but was surrounded and killed by swarming minions. He took five minions but that wasn't a very good trade for the elves at that point. Lysette, out of spells, retired from the field.

As it turned out, the game turned on Moandain taking out the elf archers in turn two. Next time I suspect they won't be grouped so conveniently, and the game may very well go differently.

There was an amazing amount of fireworks in six rounds, it was a very tense exciting game the whole way!