Fallen elf skin

The fluff of the Darkspawn has corrupted elves having marble like skin the veins showing against pale skin. This is my attemp at it and wanted to get feedback before I tried it on the Witch Queen. I still have to go over the veins to make them look under the skin, and I know about the blotch on the cheek I need to fix. What do you guys think? Any ideas to make it look better?

post-1713-1144976972.jpg

post-1713-1144977002.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

might want to find a how to do marble tut somewhere on the net. I know I've seen out there

nice start thou, thou when I first seen it I thought it was markings or warpaint thou, might want to thin down the lines a tad bit & such, but still a nice start to an interesting take.

RM

Go much finer with the veining - much smaller than most brushes will go.

Not a problem though, since there are a number of different ways you can get a really fine veining, without trying to paint each one by hand. With normal faux finishes, you tend to use a feather. The standard way of doing it will not work too well with minis (still much too large), however the feather will still work.

Base coat with a skin color slightly darker than what you want to use for the skin.

Use a feather or similiar very fine (20/0 brush maybe) to add a netted pattern of veins.

Apply a glaze which is slightly lighter in tone than the base coat.

Shade and highlight as per normal, taking care not to over power the underlying vein structure.

If you need a very fine feather, and you don't have a cockatiel, check your local pet store who might have them. Their crest feathers are actually nearly mini-sized (I save some of the old ones that fall out for use on minis for effect). They could be very useful in doing the marble veining feather technique.