How're the projects coming, gang?

Sharky

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday night I realized I have no skilz and less talent.

Scrapped the mini I was working on.

What really sucks is that I have all these really cool minis just waiting to be painted.

What really really sucks is that I used to be able to paint. :down:

Thought about all this for an hour or two, realized I have to learn to paint all over again.

Thought up a new project.

Got started on it Friday evening, worked a good chunk of Saturday on it too.

Did nothing on it yesterday.

I might get it done in time to enter it, I might not.

Mostly it is just an excercise in speed painting and seeing if I can actually finish something.

Could it be? I'm done?

Maybe.

I'm sure everything could use a touch-up or ten, but everything is in a state where I'd be satisfied entering them right now.

Check those mold lines :) They sure know how to creep in to the figure while you're sleeping, just like Eastman said ::P:

--Lili

Thursday night I realized I have no skilz and less talent.

Scrapped the mini I was working on.

What really sucks is that I have all these really cool minis just waiting to be painted.

What really really sucks is that I used to be able to paint. :down:

Thought about all this for an hour or two, realized I have to learn to paint all over again.

Thought up a new project.

Got started on it Friday evening, worked a good chunk of Saturday on it too.

Did nothing on it yesterday.

I might get it done in time to enter it, I might not.

Mostly it is just an excercise in speed painting and seeing if I can actually finish something.

We're here to support ya, Flit. :poke: Don't give up. For what it's worth, I have three minis in the primed and based stages only... not even basecoated. Throw in work and school and that doesn't leave much time to paint, but I'll do what I can. heh It'd help if I had the experience to know that in "x" amount of hours I'd not only have a mini done, but know exactly how it'd look. A lot of trial 'n error here. ^_^ Worse case, you'll have more minis to paint at the Con all prepped and ready to go. I'm certain a number of my would-be entries are going to end up like that.

Oh, as an aside, I'm painting one of my entries during my break between class and work, also known as lunch, and as I'm getting ready to pop a rare earth magnet off of one of the pieces so I can glue both finished pieces together, the mini slips and crashes down on the nice, hard tile floor... ::o::blink: Yeah, Dull Cote didn't help much there. What can I say, I forgot my pliers at home so I was trying to brace the mini in my hand and use my keys to pry the sucker off! Can you say realistic battle damage?' I know I can. :poke:

-Soujirou

Check those mold lines :) They sure know how to creep in to the figure while you're sleeping, just like Eastman said ::P:

--Lili

Shhh! You'll wake the madness!!

And Flit? I have a hunk o' metal on my desk telling me that I suck too - time to see just how much pewter dust I really did inhale. <_<

I actually finished the painitng part last night. Only stayed up two hours past my bedtime.

Now I have some major assembly to do and all my packing. And I have a previous commitment tonight, so I don't know if I'll get any of that done tonight.

On the good side, some of what I painted last night came out OK and it looks like I will actually have something to enter in the painting contest. :bday:

Probably won't give anyone much competition, but at leat it will be there.

I really hate junebugs. I am generally of a negative opinion about most critters with more than 4 leggs-especially the ones who aren't cute and fuzzy or cool in some way. This opinion was reinforced with a vengence about 8:57 pm last night.

I got home from my previous engagement and gathered my project pieces for one last spritz of DulCote before assembly. I placed them carefully on a paper box lid, still stuck to the painting bases, and stepped out the front door. (Can't spray DulCote in the house) Before I knew it, I was being dive-bomed by a junebug that thought it really should fly into my left ear. Did I mention that I really hate junebugs?

So of course, I reflexively started shooing the vile thing away from me, sending box lid, DulCote, and project pieces flying. :grr:

Fortunatly, most of the pieces stayed on the box lid and suffered no damage- the spools took the impact- yea! But one of the pieces came off its spool. I still haven't found it. :down:

So I have to come up with a way to make the remaining pieces work. I think I can pull it off.

I think this was just another sacrifice to the evil painting fairies, or dark painting gods, or UFOs, or what ever it is that causes problems when something is just almost done. ::P:

Done! Done! All it needs is that protective coat of varnish and my entry is done!

My exchange mini needs to be based but other than that it's .. done!

The terrain piece for Frosch is done! Drying but done. I really need to find a box for that so it will make the trip to RCon and then back to his house. But it's done!

What a fun word - done. So final, so finished. I so need sleep...

Done! Done! All it needs is that protective coat of varnish and my entry is done!

My exchange mini needs to be based but other than that it's .. done!

The terrain piece for Frosch is done! Drying but done. I really need to find a box for that so it will make the trip to RCon and then back to his house. But it's done!

What a fun word - done. So final, so finished. I so need sleep...

Know the feeling. Glad you got everything done. There's that word again :lol:

I finally completed my DHL single entry today after working on it for 3 months! The Warlord unit was completed Tuesday. But the Warlord single took a bath in Simple Green last night. I should be able to repaint by Friday!

No sleep 'til Monday!!! ::D:

See you all later tonight!