Ebonwrath

Jaysyn2

Thanks all for you compliments. I have been building dungeons for the past 3 years, and have not touched a mini until my DM deemed me the party mini man, so I got 8 blisters and got to work.....and again, I am hooked....

Sorry all no WIP picture were taken. I'll do better the next time...LOL

When I got the mini, I was very angry, there were supposed to be 8 pc, when I got it there were 11, lots of damage in shipping. So I put it all back together, and had no clue it was going to turn out as well as it did.

If you look real close, you can see lots of putty marks on the neck, the one toe on the right front foot is really cockeyed, the tip of the tail was bent in pretty badly, and there was a real bad spike problem on the back of the mini.....

Phew....

So Friday night when I got it in the mail, I was not even sure I was going to start it.....I am glad I did by Sunday I was putting the finishing touched on it and man was I ever impressed with it...and decided to make a post, cause there a few of this mini out there, but not enough, it is a great mini....I would highly recommend it to everyone that like to paint dragons....

I will get a close up of the head and post it ASAP

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got the mini, I was very angry, there were supposed to be 8 pc, when I got it there were 11, lots of damage in shipping. So I put it all back together, and had no clue it was going to turn out as well as it did.

If you look real close, you can see lots of putty marks on the neck, the one toe on the right front foot is really cockeyed, the tip of the tail was bent in pretty badly, and there was a real bad spike problem on the back of the mini.....

Well, if it's any consolation to you, it turned out real purdy in spite of the setbacks (purdy in a "Grrrr!" fierce way, of course) ;-) Knocked my socks off, it did.

-Tom (who must occasionally resist the urge to employ Yoda-speak)

Wow. I really like how you used the browns to highlight the wings. I have this dragon, along with about every other reaper dragon, gw dragon, and a few others. They look really intimidating to paint, but I think after seeing the work of some good artists like yourself and Master Tickles, I will tackle one soon.

Great job, and welcome to the forum.

Wow, seven years. That's just about the most impressive threadomancy I've ever seen. I think I might even remember seeing this the first time.

It is a very nice Ebonwrath, though, and with Bones versions hitting the scene soon it's worth a look again.