Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Xailor's stats?

I know this model is brand spankin' new for the Overlords faction, but has anyone on the forum gotten'em and seen the data card? It's not on Warlord HQ as of my posting, and I was curious what this cool model would do on the game table.

Reaper has some great half Ogre figures, and this one fits in nicely! I may have to throw down a half Ogre army now too. Cheers.

If that is the same guy I saw last Thursday, he is a total hoss!! He's like 200 points, 3 or 4 tracks, total hoss in hand-to-hand, and has this cool sounding new SA: Butcher!! Since we didn't know what it was, just from the name we declared it was an auto coup-de-grace if your model was killed by Xailor. Basically, he was a walking Bane machine. :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

wildbill, you've made my day. Thanks for the hints. I'm sure the data card will be around any day, but you've sold me on this guy, and Reaper should send you a commission.

I happen to like the model, and as tactically unsound as it may seem, I'm putting any future Warlord armies together around models I dig. It's hard enough to get any painting done as it is. From the way you've described this guy, 'sounds like I'll get the cool model with a whole lotta punch. "Best of both worlds, son."

Cheers.

I didn't even get my last post up before you put the stats down! Now that's service.

'All kinds of special abilities are going to need to surface. I'm betting any second now, after seeing the data card on the HQ posted with the speed of the ancients.

We were thinking it was some sort of automatic coup-de-grace. If you are just so good at killing that you "butcher" your opponents, then they don't have a chance to stand up. Kinda like Bane. ::):

Now, if SA:Butcher would cancel the Crypt Legion Tough/1 then I want, no, demand, that there be Dwarves with Butcher!! :devil::B):

Wild Bill :blues:

I'm thinking maybe the opposite of Monster Slayer. Rather than slay anything with a base size 3 or higher you butcher anything with a base size 2 or lower.

Pick on the little guy.

Some interesting ideas here, guys. For once, I couldn't come up with any original ideas of my own. I like the ideas about the bonus vs. single damage track models and smaller base sizes the best. As far as it causing the model to inflict 2 points of damage, this sounds cool, but it seems to me that Warlord is based on a sytem where each successful attack does one point of damage. Period. Otherwise, I think we would've already seen this ability with certain huge/powerful models (Hill Giant, for one), not to mention new, powerful spells that could inflict 2 points at a time. Regarding the coup-de-grace ideas, I think that if it were to work in the manner that you guys describe, they would have just given him Bane and not called it something different. (As a side note, I do hope that we eventually see some non-dwarf models that have Bane. Forgive me, Wildbill. ::D: ). Anyway, hope I didn't come off sounding too critical. ::):

With as cool as these ideas are, however, I suspect that Butcher is going to be different from anything that has been suggested so far. :ph34r:

I'm thinking maybe the opposite of Monster Slayer. Rather than slay anything with a base size 3 or higher you butcher anything with a base size 2 or lower.

Pick on the little guy.

Oh Carp, I just posted this in another thread only to see that you beat me to the punch ::(:

Great minds think alike :blink:

Still, sounds pretty plausible to me.

I do hope that we eventually see some non-dwarf models that have Bane.

We already have them, even if it isn't very wide spread and it only works against Evil models, Judgement = Bane +1MAV vs. Evil.