Resisting the Siren's song

Nanite

Sometimes I hate the internet. I was trying to find more info on that tower and ended reading about Jewish restrictions on writing and pronouncing the Lord's name and how variants of His name are included into given names. Don't ask me how I got from towers to the Lord's name, I don't even know myself, though somewhere in between was an article on the movie Metropolis.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I hate the internet. I was trying to find more info on that tower and ended reading about Jewish restrictions on writing and pronouncing the Lord's name and how variants of His name are included into given names. Don't ask me how I got from towers to the Lord's name, I don't even know myself, though somewhere in between was an article on the movie Metropolis.

Nothing gets me distracted faster then Wikipedia.

I still haven't painted the Vostroyans or Praetorians I picked up, so that puts a bit of a damper on buying any new GW gubbins.

So I was out and about today and stopped by a comic shop to see what size the minis were in a bag'o'zombies I saw the other week and was idly looking through the 40k blisters. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price on one (1, uno, ein, more than zero but less than two) Emperor's Champion Space Marine. $15 and change! For one mini! Once the shock subsided and I remembered that I don't play 40k anymore and my heart started beating again and all was good. Well, except that the zombies looked like they were 20 or 15mm and I'm looking for 28mm. ::):

Nothing gets me distracted faster then Wikipedia.

I still haven't painted the Vostroyans or Praetorians I picked up, so that puts a bit of a damper on buying any new GW gubbins.

I painted up 6 squads of Vostroyans and some heavy weapons. They belong to my FLGS, I'll try to get pictures. They actually paint really quickly.

I wish I had a ton of praetorians to paint up :) I've got some steel legion waiting for me as well.

So I was out and about today and stopped by a comic shop to see what size the minis were in a bag'o'zombies I saw the other week and was idly looking through the 40k blisters. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the price on one (1, uno, ein, more than zero but less than two) Emperor's Champion Space Marine. $15 and change! For one mini! Once the shock subsided and I remembered that I don't play 40k anymore and my heart started beating again and all was good. Well, except that the zombies looked like they were 20 or 15mm and I'm looking for 28mm. ::):

I know, it's murder! :P

I think I got mine for $8-10. I typically don't buy anything GW unless I get a nice discount.

However - the plastic regiment set of zombies isn't a terrible deal and they fit well. Just clip off the blades and what not - I think they work out to about $2 each.

The reaper zombies are good too, and witha bit of work can be "moderned up"

I, too, find the idea of paying $15 for a Wraithguard that's been in production since the early 1990's unpalatable. Fortunatey there seems to be a trend toward big boxes of cheap plastics, in particular with the upcoming Apocalypse releases.

I did some searching - I didn't find a picture, but I did find a PDF that someone had posted that is supposedly GWs upcoming releases. It listed a Baneblade in Oct/Nov/Dec for $95.00. I lost interest when i saw the price, and unfortunately, didn't save the link. Never did find a picture.

It all depends on how big this thing will be, and whether TheWarStore will sell it at a decent discount, and how good the kit will actually be. Finemolds released a 1/72 scale injection molded Millenium Falcon for the princely price of $200...and its worth every penny. So we'll see...

Damon.

I hate painting tanks without an airbrush :(

I super want these, now. I know they are goofy, and their suspension (or lack there of) means the best way to stop and imperial tank is throw a quarter out in front of it, and they are covered in skulls... but I like them.