Resisting the Siren's song

Nanite

I'm not a second edition purist. I have some quite specific gripes with the new edition, but 2nd ed had its own pretty serious problems.

I just think grenades might, you know... EXPLODE, like, imagine if they were an explosive core wrapped in fragmenting shrapnel, and they blew up, and bits of metal flew everywhere and maimed people... OH WAIT!!!!!!!!

ANY GAME at 28mm scale that suggests the primary use of grenades is to toss them into the other guy's foxhole right before you go in after him with a knife has crossed the line into hilarity. Hey, it might still be a really fun game, if you find it so, then enjoy! I just find it hard to move troops and throw dice when I'm curled up on the floor laughing convulsively. Maybe if I played 40K more I'd be a happier person?

I thought grenades were for tossing into doors and windows before storming in and blowing away whomever is still up and about while they are disoriented. ;) (Edit: I forgot to put the word 'away' in and while the idea was sound, the delivery was rather.... dirty

Hehe.. I know where you are comming from. I think my guardsmen would much rather stick behind their hidey spots and lob grenades at whatever nasty they are fighting this week, than go over the top and be mowed down in a hail of gunfire.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up on GW not because of price, but because of the dumbing down of each rules rewrite. It appears that the newest version of 40K is an improvement over the most recent ruleset casualty, but I'm still not sure I want to play it. I like the look of the tau but the Vespid jumper guys are just silly. They look like some kind of HR Puffinstuff monster.

OK, I fell down. After thinking about them as great VSF and someone making me an offer I couldn't refuse, I picked up a Vostroyan platoon box (face it, these guys are between $3 and $3.50 a figure normally...)

I was going to hold strong until I saw them in the round - and I have to admit they are definately a cool kinda silly. Plus the casualties rock :)

OK, I fell down. After thinking about them as great VSF and someone making me an offer I couldn't refuse, I picked up a Vostroyan platoon box (face it, these guys are between $3 and $3.50 a figure normally...)

I was going to hold strong until I saw them in the round - and I have to admit they are definately a cool kinda silly. Plus the casualties rock :)

One day at a time Saint...

Of course, it doesn't help when your sponsors are also enabelers. :poke:

So does this guy have any more offers I may not be able to refuse?