Sign in to follow this  
Dhalthamus

Basing sizes for dragons

I'm curious as to what the general consensus/official stance is on the sizes of Reaper's dragons in terms of D&D play. I just finished Lavarath and am about to start on Cinder, but I don't have bases for either of them yet and I'm wondering if they're supposed to be huge (3"x3") or gargantuan (4"x4"). The reason for my confusion is that, while both dragons seem to fit nicely into a 3x3 square, they are both posed standing on their hind legs and I'm thinking that were they in more of a 4-legged cat-about-to-pounce pose akin to Ebonwrath, would they, in fact, be 4x4? :huh: My consternation is compounded by my recent purchase of the Malryte half-dragon dire wolf from Magnificent Egos, which comes with a 2x2 base but, when placed on a grid, should clearly be a 3x3 creature. :wacko: So what's everyone else's take?

Base them on whatever looks good, and then if you need to make them bigger for a particular session, use a cardboard square to represent the creature's footprint.