Falcon cav

Roadkill

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate attaching the arms, that's the only part of the model that gave me any grief.

I love it.  Now if Reaper would just do more of what they did with the Blitz (I think that's the one) and have separate legs to attach yourself in any pose you want, that would be simply cool.

As for speed... give the Falcon movement upgrades and take a starhawk with ya for comfort, it'll outflank that mean Dictator ;)

That falcon strikes me as a tough Rhino Killer on open ground; I mean if my memory serves me correctly, those weapons hit out to 40 inches right; I think I am going to use several of these in my regular army units as hard points in a diamond or wedge formation. add two Starhawks and either a soveriegn or conquerer and it makes for a well rounded mission force.

four falcons would probably be OK for a CAV strike team but like BL2 said, against a team of dictators that 6 inch DF weapon range advantage is meaningless; I'd go for something with better speed as well as punch. Looks are another story though; the Falcon sure is pretty.

My wife has a rough rider SOF unit with two scorps, a spider and a panther; I still haven't seen them in operation as of yet, but I can imagine they are pretty versatile; I guess that's where the Falcon probably lacks, if I had to analize it.

If the speed were not so low, It would probably be one of the best units in the game, like the Gladiator. Me, personally, although I think Dictator's are awesome, I do think they are a little overated and not as hardy as a Starhawk.

SyRAM CAVs always strike me as consistant performers, not so glamourous or high techy, but a stable/ reliable weapons platform, and the Falcon falls right in line with that view.

I agree that the Dictator is a little too overrated for what it can do, but it is still a formidable CAV in the right hands... why else would it be copied so much? :o)

The Falcon is a good lynchpin unit, but the speed does limit it offensively. However, this can be negated somewhat with a +2MM upgrade and the extended range of the main weapons.

The Starhawk V is a masterpiece of CAV design in my opinion. It's not expecially tough (although that +3 ARM does help a lot) and it's weapons aren't especially powerful or have especially long range or anything, but it is a formidable combination of factors which makes it a very useful CAV to have in any situation. The only think that is outstanding is it's speed and the aforementioned armour, but even those aren't unique.

I hope this continues in the Starhawk VI, not only because the model is amazing (*tips hat to Blitz*) but also because it'd be a shame for the Hawk 5 to be superior to the 'replacement'.

As for the general sentiment that all SyRaM CAV's are formidable due to their well rounded ness, I agree completely. The SyRaM stuff released so far is useful and has a certain appeal which cannot be explained by any one facet of their stats (with certain exceptions of course), and I sincerely hope this continues with the SyRaM units in JoR2.

Another bonus with SyRaM, they're human :o)

The funny thing about it all, was when I first started playing; the Starhawk kept dissapointing me, whereas I too, was hooked on the Dictator's aura of greatness. Some of my first skirmishes were marked by the fact the the Starhawk was usually the first to be taken out.

Of course, with time I learned; especially considering most things go down when they confront Cochise (Wild Apache Command Rhino) so I learned ways around that. I started toying with the Starhawk a little, upgrading TL and armor, and woah, I was blown away. The Starhawk has never let me down since; they are pretty much the workhorse of the CDF, the Falcon could fit in there nicely as heavy point (currently held by my Duelists) and I am torn between the soveriegn and conquerer for fire support.

(I want to limit the HM stuff a little to fit the "Ban on AEC" trade in my unit fluff; the current HM stuff is procured through the Terran second market, and refitted through UFF technicians)