Silly Rules Thoughts - Razig and Magic Users

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been any thought to allowing you to equip your troops differently that changes their profile. Such as an armor card, a weapons upgrade card etc. Something for just the unit similar to the way guns work at 15 points a model (really expensive) ... extra hand weapon bringing to two attacks some way to get an extra point of armor. Thanks again for your time.

Are you talking like equipment upgrades?

Like Greater Magical Armor which adds +2 to a Model's DV, for 30 points?

Well, maybe if you got yer own rule book, or borrowed your... I dunno... roommate's book and never returned it, you'd be able to look at the equipment section. :;):::P:

Has there been any thought to allowing you to equip your troops differently that changes their profile. Such as an armor card, a weapons upgrade card etc. Something for just the unit similar to the way guns work at 15 points a model (really expensive) ... extra hand weapon bringing to two attacks some way to get an extra point of armor. Thanks again for your time.

Are you talking about the generic cards and generic upgrades/pointing system in the back of the rulebook?

I'll take a look I might be. My grasp of the rulebook is rather shaky. I had looked at those upgrades, but I was unsure if they went for an entire unit or individual models.

The middle section of the rule book contains the spells & equipment for use in the game. I guess you could buy each of your elven archers a greater accuracy upgrade, but that would get expensive quick.

You'd probably be better off just using the same points and buying more archers.

The generic area in the back of the book is an odd thing for homebrewing or scratchbuilding.

Hope that helps.

Hmm I used the chain gangers... and they got mushed. Any thoughts of a good way to use these gents. with a DV of 8 they are rather fragile. I thought maybe using Razig with them and their mob of 4 to throw in some zombie recruits. The problem I kept having is as a unit by themselves they charge in.. kill whatever it is and with defensive strikes they go pop. The solution would be to save them for leaders models... but that only works so much.

Question: Can a unit have two leader models and take advantage of the mob SA from both leader models or both... example

Razig's troop is made up of Chain Gang, 4 zombie recruits and Black knife tom as a unique sergeant. He has mob 4 as well so technically you could have 8 gents using the mob rule. Just a thought and what not. The composition of units Im not quite experienced with enough as of yet.

Negitive on the more than one leader in a troop. But is your looking for another heavy hitter for the unit try Jackie Bones. They've revised his stats and made him a nice player.

A watermark on the back would make it much more difficult to read the data on the card.

Something that Black Lightning folks often do for our demos, which you could also do at home rather easily:

Goto Reapergames and download the images of the Data Cards. Right click on front, save as. Right click on back, save as. Etc, Etc.

Cut and paste these images into a document. I made mine with Publisher. So that you have a sheet with the front and back of the data cards together. You could easily make a page per troop if you wanted so everything remains nice and organized.

For my demo lists, I easily fit 4 cards, front and back on an 8x11 sheet of paper, with additional stuff like faction name, faction logos, reaper logo, black lightning logo. Without that extra stuff (since these are for demos), you could easily fit a lot more data cards onto a single sheet of paper. Probably 6-8 cards per page and still have it all be legible.

Also, once you start playing more often, you will find you don't need to look at the pictures to remember which model, and after a while, if you play the same army, you will barely need to even look at the data cards. Heck, if you have the same opponents, you start getting to the point where your opponent doesn't need to look up their information either.

In order for this question to work.. I have to clarify my understanding of spear guys with reach. Spear guys with reach .. read harpooners... when standing behind another model add +2 to their DV (if I understand that correctly) due to their ability to fend off attacks, they can attack and they also count as assisting the individual in front of them in combat.

Assuming the above to be true, if I shot at a model that was based by a spear guy would his defense still be higher or does the higher defense count only against melee.

A loot action is a non combat action correct?

A coup de grace is a combat action using an attack against a downed model?

A watermark on the back would make it much more difficult to read the data on the card.

Something that Black Lightning folks often do for our demos, which you could also do at home rather easily:

[...]

Cut and paste these images into a document. I made mine with Publisher. So that you have a sheet with the front and back of the data cards together. You could easily make a page per troop if you wanted so everything remains nice and organized.

For my demo lists, I easily fit 4 cards, front and back on an 8x11 sheet of paper, with additional stuff like faction name, faction logos, reaper logo, black lightning logo. [...]

I'd prefer the cards as plain as possible (and as high resolution as practical). But, that's because I do basically what Qwyk says except that I put 3 cards per page and then make a set of page for each point build/mix that I field. Each of page has 3 data blocks with a picture of the mini, the fronts and backs of the cards, how many Models are present in the troop and any items that they have.

TroopPage-example.jpg

I've made sets for my normal field companies (Tomukh) as well as some sets for my demos this weekend (Crusader, Necropolis, Reptus, Reven).

Ron

:bday:

Thanks for all the responses... I appreciate the input.

A different question... as I have stated previously I paly Razigs.. aside from being suspetable to holy.. are there any other disadvantages to being undead.

So far undead is immune to a number of things... cant be mercyed, feared etc... soooo what is their drawback... are they slower.. no... do they have one less action.. no.. are they suseptable to fire.. ummm no.. this is the only game where Ive played that the undead have all the advantages but none of the drawbacks.... like Blade :). Anyway... any thoughts feelings feedback?

Possible Razigs thoughts: Little bomb guys... yes I watched Pirates again and saw the bomb gent with the satchel of bombs.. that would be fun :). Anyway thanks again for all the great input to my random questions and tolerating one thread.. its easier for me to keep track of what is going on this way.