Sign in to follow this  
Redhandstudios

What's been keeping you from painting?

Main time sink for me is dealing with "the little guy", my 3 year old who eats up quite a bit of time and energy. After that, it's mostly just dealing with normal life: wife, keeping up the house, and work. I do spend about 3 hrs volunteering each week at a local animal shelter (+ driving time).

He hasn't seen me painting, but he has seen some of the painted bull orcs when I was waiting for them to dry in between coats. He squatted down looked at them, and said, "Those are really cool, daddy!" followed by "Can I play with them?"

Ron

Lets see I do get a bit of painting done but at the moment my list is.

1. Tika, the chuihauhua

2. Pumpkin, the Yorkie

3. Weezer, the min-pin

4. Binky, the pit bull/corgie

5. Kizmat, the lab/beagle

6. 13 cats/kittens

7. work

main thing for me is

painting slump I'm in (nasty one)

but other things are--

normal work area is a complete mess

2 kids (daughter is 8, my son is 3) (daughter is the worse of the two, by a longshot, man)

work (not that it eats the day but I work graveyard & then coming home, sleeping some mornings, but most of all it's the I don't feel like doing anything mood)

DDO & CoH/oV playing--I'm ok until I either get into a good group or I get into a long mish

weather is almost too perfect around here right now, 70s, warm & such. Want to be outside more.

other than that I would have tons of time, which reminds me need to TRY & sit down & paint later

RM

Aside from life in general, it was WOW. I finally broke that nasty habit two months ago and cannot believe the amount of time I wasted with that game. Seems I am not the only one, browsing some of my old bookmarks it appears many a painter has been afflicted with it as well.

I was actually excited to start painting again and began working on a piece and started browsing the forums again. I think the latter quickly broke me of my urge to paint. Maybe I should cancel my ISP when I finally decide to pick up the brush in earnst.

For me it's been grad school and "Rome: Total War"

Although gradschool is done and I've totally subjudicated the greeks and the gauls... so....

I'll get some painting done.

Freakin' World of Warcraft...I made a point just this past week to drop it and delete it from my HD so I could actually get some work done for RCon. As Lonepainter mentioned, doing that freed up a LOT of time.

Unfortunately, I still can't really paint until after 9:00 pm - I have a 7 and a 3 year old (both of whom aspire to be painters too). In particular, my son (the 3 year old) wants to sit in my lap when I try to work :wacko:

I've been cutting back on my WoW time lately, but I'm not ready to give it up completely. I stil find it to be a very fun game to play.

The NHL playoffs have cut into my painting time a bit, but I've actually been pretty good about turning off the TV and bringing the laptop to my painting table so I can listen to the games on internet radio instead while I'm painting.

Don't get me wrong WOW is quite possibly the best game of its genre and is a blast to play. I miss playing it to this day, however when it led to falling asleep at the wheel the following day due to a raid the previous night (until 3am in the morning) I decided I had to get my priorities straightened out immediately.

Its funny though, the following week after I canceled my account I found I had too much time on my hands. :)

My best friend is getting married next month (and I am the maid of honor) and my wedding is in months to mine...thats what has been eating all of my time.

Flynn

what is the net stations for those games?? Want to get into the playoffs but with OLN being the main station I don't see many games (only espn highlights), & I get that station.

GO DEVILS!!

really wonderful thing happen to me last night, started to get a headache & my throat started to get sore, thought uh oh, crap, woke up this morning with a chill in my bones, & my head was pounding + I have a slight fever. So I mostly laid on the couch all day, tryin to keep warm & to soak my pain away. Wasn't until later in the day I was able to get some medicine in me (had my wife go get some pills at the local pharmacy--clerk said they work fast, tad bit more then I normally spend, but I want this gone by the weekend)

never fails have vacation around the corner I usually get sick. I can feel the pill working thou, as I'm starting to sweat a little bit (not cold like this morning) + my temp seems to be going down as well

so I'm not sure if I'll have an entry in the contest, depends on how I do this weekend, also not sure on the D&D game I want to run at the LQ as well, I'm not as prepared as I want to be for it.

I guess will see.....

RM

thanks for the link

funny after I posted I was on nhl.com & seen that link. Figured they were greedy like the nfl & made you pay if you listened to the games over the net

thou been watchin the games on TV the last couples days--(Sabres/Flyers (Booo hated hockey empire booo) & yesterday watched the Oilers/Wings), hopefully I'll be able to watch some this week before I go, as well

& one last thing ----"na na na hey hey goodbye Rangers-----(the other hated hockey empire!!! ha ha)

feelin better so hopefully I can get restarted on my projects now, nothing like a long vacation to get the blood flowin again for hobbies....

I so wanted to do more...I wanted to have some things ready for ReaperCon. So I could be critiqued. What has kept me from painting has been school. I am taking a VBA class for work and it is taking a lot more of my time than I really wanted it to. I finished my final last night...I have been working on finishing my homework today and everything is due tomorrow.

Monday thru Thursday I will be doing honey-dos around the house (as this class has also kept me from doing anything around the house either) and then the Con is this coming weekend. I am looking forward to this con very much.

I am also looking forward to a summer of painting. My plan (and we all know how plans go) is to take the time I was putting into school work and put that same time into painting.

Take care everyone.

What's been keeping me from painting is the absolute mess my work area is at the time. I have piles upon piles of cardboard boxes, discarded blister packs and Star Wars figures all over the place.