Fun with Gruesome Familiars

CaptC

GF is not a Model it is Equipment, therefore is cannot provide the +1 Support for Friendly Models.

A GF possesses a physical presence on the tabletop, so yes, it can get in the way and block someone. Of course, the Knight just has to do an attacker adjust and then the Ironspine could move to a different location.

[MOD] Merged with the existing extensive discussion of the Gruesome Familiar. [/MOD]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if a GF is equipment, can it be carried?

Because this question was never answered, I will repost. . .one because I really dislike Aysa and two . . .well there is no two.

The GF is a free roaming piece of equipment out there on the board that cannot attack, so if I were to run a unit up to the GF and one of my models in the troop picked it up could it then move it where it wanted to?

if a GF is equipment, can it be carried?

Because this question was never answered, I will repost. . .one because I really dislike Aysa and two . . .well there is no two.

The GF is a free roaming piece of equipment out there on the board that cannot attack, so if I were to run a unit up to the GF and one of my models in the troop picked it up could it then move it where it wanted to?

The way I read the rules you may not pick-up the GF. You may however have a unit with a large or giant base throw it. It would be great if Aysa was in range then you could hit her with it.

We have a player here who loves Aysa. I find a strong flier can take her out without too much trouble.

We have a player here who loves Aysa. I find a strong flier can take her out without too much trouble.

... until the Aysa player learns to take a totem and put Aysa in a 1" gap between the Totem and the table edge. I don't know what faction you are playing and what "strong fliers" are available, but only 1" wide bases will be able to make contact with her with this setup.

Rich

I've had luck with the Nefsokar Sphinx, and the Crusaders Guardian Angel. They both use magic so even if you can't come in base contact you could still hit her. The Overlords Onyx Chevalier with Hooves of the Nightmare should work. The Chevalier is on a cavalry base so he will be able to make base contact with her. I would also try something with scrye shot if you can.

Aysa is a huge pain but if she is just used for her undying host spell she isn't that tough. You just have to get to her.

One way to get to Aysa is to also play with models that have the Ranger ability. I have this Freelance Ranger army that I am starting to field on a routine basis and it has the Dust Devil model in it. It's not all that exciting stat-wise, but it has Beast, Ranger, Non-corporeal, Warmaster, maybe one or two others. There are three important SAs you need to remember: Beast, Ranger, and Non-corporeal. Ranger his butt out 12 inches (his base MOV). Then, if you can get the activation first, charge him 16 inches into Aysa, and then wail on her with his 3 attacks. Even if you only manage to put her on her last damage track, that's ok. If she wants to still attempt to summon minions, that will greatly reduce the number made, and if they attack the Devil, then his Warmaster Defensive Strikes can finish Aysa off! :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

One way to get to Aysa is to also play with models that have the Ranger ability. I have this Freelance Ranger army that I am starting to field on a routine basis and it has the Dust Devil model in it. It's not all that exciting stat-wise, but it has Beast, Ranger, Non-corporeal, Warmaster, maybe one or two others. There are three important SAs you need to remember: Beast, Ranger, and Non-corporeal. Ranger his butt out 12 inches (his base MOV). Then, if you can get the activation first, charge him 16 inches into Aysa, and then wail on her with his 3 attacks. Even if you only manage to put her on her last damage track, that's ok. If she wants to still attempt to summon minions, that will greatly reduce the number made, and if they attack the Devil, then his Warmaster Defensive Strikes can finish Aysa off! :devil:

I sent a Dust Devil after her in one game and those weak minions got lucky and killed it before he got to Aysa. It was one of those games where nothing goes the way you plan.

I sent a Dust Devil after her in one game and those weak minions got lucky and killed it before he got to Aysa. It was one of those games where nothing goes the way you plan.

My master plan revolves around me getting to her before she has a chance to cast anything. Plus, take full advantage of Non-Corpeal and go through the enemy to get to her! It's totally legal and very fun when your opponent realizes he's about to get his butt kicked. :devil:

Good luck! My standard deployment for Aysa, sandwiched against the table edge (A=Aysa, D=Deathrider, T=Totem):

..TTTT
 TTTT
DDTTTTDD
DDTTTTDD
DD AA DD
DD AA DD
--------

The only way you are going to base Aysa is with a Burrowing model or by killing a Deathrider first! Also, Moandain can Necromantic Surge Aysa from the other side of the Totem or a Deathrider.

Rich