Freelancers

I know that CAV has a new Freelancers faction, but does Warlord have one too? I wanna make a combo army of Dwarves, Mercs, and Reven (maybe Necropolis too). Is such an army legal in tournament play? Is so, what do you guys like to use in your Freelance armies?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Freelancers! Grab a sword at the door.

I usually play neutral/good freelance, just because the soldiers that have the stats I want are good. My list changes all the time. Unlike other factions, we Freelancers have tons of choices. I love all the Solo choices. I'm very fond of the Walking Avatar and the Griffon, one of which always finds a way into my list.

I'm currently working on a 1,000 point Freelance undead army, pulling from the models that look the coolest. No vampires, all fleshless dead, skulls aplenty. And the great thing is, it's 100% legal. Man, I love this game.

Sweet. I think I'm gonna like freelancing. But can I still put Reven in there? What about Reptus?

I think that all of the Reptus are Neutral.

Most of the Reven are Neutral (bull orcs, regular orcs). The goblins, the harpies (I think), the ogre mage, and the hill giant (I think) are Evil.

Best thing to do would be to ReaperGames.com and look at the data cards for each faction that interests you.

Ron

My first freelance army had Khamsin Herdsmen, Bull Orc Archers, Bladesisters, Athak, Elsabeth, Tariq, Malek, and Audine. No wonder I got fragged. Now I have armies with six of the available factions. I always have archers, at least three. My warlord always has tough melee grunts for defense and usually a hero for support. From there I usually use a Captain with more melee grunts and a Sergeant with the archers and a melee solo.

For Freelancers:

Since there are MAV 2, DV 11 Adepts (Overlord Warriors, Crusader Templars, Nefsokar Tomb Guard) available for all three alignments, you'd be a fool not to take some.

If you're running Good/Neutral, take Elven Archers. Best archers in the game, bar none. If you're a little more budget minded, Bull Orc Archers. Evil, Goblin Skeeters are awesome, but 64 points each, otherwise, Skeletal Archers are nice. Overlord Crossbowmen have a great trick with their Ranked SA, good to invest if you have the points.

There are two Damage Track Adepts available for Good and Evil (Crusader Justicars or Vampire Crimson Knights), they make great bodyguards.

You have your choice of heroes, mages, clerics, and warlords. Khong-to of the Reptus is the best melee warlord, the Witch Queen the best mage, and Kiakara the best cleric.

You also have your run of the solos. All depends on what you want in a solitare. Assassin? Look at some of the Selthak of the Overlords or Aundine of the Darkspawn. Tank? Treeman, Avatar of Sokar, or Rauthoros or Onyx Golem.

The Freelance army is even the one army that can have multiple troops with archers!!

Wild Bill :blues:

You sure about that?

Grand Reven: Skeeters and Bull Orc Archers

Noghra: Skeeters and Stingers

Nefsokar: Khamsin Ranger and Khamsin Archers

The Freelance army is even the one army that can have multiple troops with archers!!

Wild Bill :blues:

You sure about that?

Grand Reven: Skeeters and Bull Orc Archers

Noghra: Skeeters and Stingers

Nefsokar: Khamsin Ranger and Khamsin Archers

Let me add , Crusaders with one troop of Ivy Crown Archers in Duke Gerard's troop and another troop of Ivy Crown Archers with another Crusader leader , although ICAs aren't great with RAV . :down:

I have a freelance list I've been using a lot. I unleashed it on Unglef last weekend, much to his dismay...

Andras

Nivar

Lola

(some grunts)

Tariq

Arik (pack a fireball or the whole list fails)

(some archers)

Ssathus

Bladesisters (need soldiers with ranger here)

Kyla Bountyhuntress

River Troll

It's a nasty piece of work: 5 rogues.

I need to revise it a little. I've noticed that Kyla tends to sit and snipe, and she typically uses Marksmen and not Critical shot. So she's out of future builds. The new list will look like:

Andras

Nivar

Lola

(grunts)

One Isiri archer (replacing Kyla for ~90 points less...)

Tariq

Arik

Xbows

Ssathus

Bladesisters

Bloodseeker vampire

Uru

As you can see, it's freelance/evil.

PS