wee bit KB heavy in pix

Turhan

Good morning, I've missed painting and so have nothing new to post. Hah! so I shall post some old stuff.

My apologies.

First, DH 2005 Tox. These two are bad guys in my dnd campaign: Sparthas and Parrates. The mini on the left is 2 years old. The right one, in dull browns and such, is one of the first I ever bought when it first came out. I guess I did get better at this stuff. The swords in 'conjure' are metallics, which I still like better than NMM for tabletop appearances though they don't photograph well.

The second is a GW conversion for a key NPC: Tameryn a priestess of magic. I had to cut the standing figure at the waist and merge it with a pair of "mounted" legs from another figure and fiddle the thing to look ok.

The 3rd is a GW wizard I've always like a lot but never used in a game....

4th is DH 2007 another old mini from way back. I like this guy a lot. great sculpt, wouldn't mind seeing a new one in the same pose.

5th and last, the original Darbin the Deadly, DH 2011.

thanks for your time, now back to your regular programmin already in progress.

post-1987-1146940362_thumb.jpg

post-1987-1146940431_thumb.jpg

post-1987-1146940473_thumb.jpg

post-1987-1146940498_thumb.jpg

post-1987-1146940521.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should mention the horse barding. Back when I still bought GW stuff and even had 3 or 4 armies.... I liked to make different barding.

The best I ever made was from some old color-print silk soaked in elmers glue and draped over a bretonnian horse as a mold. then trimmed it when dry and super glued it to the unarmored horses. I'll post some when I can. It worked Great.

The barding on Tameryn's horse is bits of trimmed "foil" from the capsule on a wine bottle. Them little capsules are breat for embossings and imprintings and such and an endless supply of ideas for shields, armor and banners.

hoot hoot.

thanks for the comments