ReaperCon entries

pae

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flynn,

Well deserved congratulations! Incredible work as always!

I especially like the the NMM on your Anti-Paladin. The color choices and layering is just amazing, very convincing. If you have a moment, I'd love to learn the techniques and color choice used on that!

Thanks

AWhang

At the moment, my brain is kinda fried from the drive home. I'll try to get back to you on that.

However, I can say that the steely NMM is Blue Liner -> Midnight Blue -> Twilight Blue -> Snow Shadow -> White, then glazed with Pale Indigo.

The gold was probably brown liner -> blackened brown -> uniform brown -> amber gold -> linen white -> white. Don't quote me on that, though. I don't think I ever wrote it down. I'm bad like that.

At the moment, my brain is kinda fried from the drive home. I'll try to get back to you on that.

However, I can say that the steely NMM is Blue Liner -> Midnight Blue -> Twilight Blue -> Snow Shadow -> White, then glazed with Pale Indigo.

The gold was probably brown liner -> blackened brown -> uniform brown -> amber gold -> linen white -> white. Don't quote me on that, though. I don't think I ever wrote it down. I'm bad like that.

Thanks Flynn,

I'm the same, although I'm trying to keep a small notebook. You've got an entry or two in said notebook ::D: There was an older gold receipe I believe...very similar.

Thanks

AWhang

[runs off to make another entry in the magic notebook...]

Yes, truly awesome work Flynn. But, he wasn't the only Colorado painter to take home a bunch of Sophies. Doug Jones took three firsts and best of show. Lili took second in the masterclass. Colorado really dominated. If you all want to take another shot at Flynn come to Tacticon on Labor Day weekend and see how you fair! ::D:

congrats on the wins at Rcon, Flynn

gotta love it when they announced a winner for yah & you were already up there waiting, that was a riot.

awesome work, really like Avatar of Sokar, that gold really did stand out, it was my favorite figure out of all of that you did for Rcon

enjoy the Sophies when they arrive!!!

RM