Now that ReaperCon is over, the burning question is...

pae

Hmmm.... Turns out I have enough frequent flier miles to get a free flight. So if I did a Friday to Sunday trip (skipping the visit to the parents) it would only cost me rental car and hotel. And one day of vacation. This is starting to look like a possibility...

But then again, I'm still taking in what I learned at RCon this year. RAC might be complete overload.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I signed up with Frontier's mileage program, figured I liked the service for trip this year, thought might as well stick with a airline for my trip, besides 15,000 for a free trip, so that isn't bad. thou I only once a year sooo (you can't guess what that is now can you, ha ha) it'll be awile till I get a freebee, no worries.

RM

The decision to hold a RAC this year has not yet been decided and likely won't be made for at least a month.

It's been a month. Figured I'd bring this topic up again. I need to make some October plans, and would like to know when RAC will be, if there will be one.

Agreed. I have other things that are starting to come into play for October, and it would be nice if I didn't have to hold open every weekend as a potential conflict.

Maybe I'm better off just saying no to RAC again this year.

Well, considering we'll likely be moving in October, it's not so likely we'll make Artists Con, if it's held. I'd rather hang on to my money and save for next years ReaperCon anyway. While I prefer the weather in October for going to Dallas (a lot cooler), it's just not feasible this year.

Now, if ReaperCon were to be held in October instead of May, that would totally rock. It would be easier (most years) for us to make that date, and the weather would be SOOOOO much better. No triple digits for temperature, heat index, or humidity.

I'll add our "Yes, it would be nice to be able to put in for the days off early," list.

Allen almost got told he wasn't gettting the day off for RCon after the big alien protest thing, too many people took off that Monday and they were going to try to make him give up the day off he was promised. He got it in early enough that thier argument didn't last long, but still.....

• Reaper User

Hmmm, well, *if* we have an Artist Conference this year, it is likely that the weekend would be early in the month; a long-time Reaper employee is getting married around then and asked if we could schedule it so that the sculptors and painters could attend the wedding. ::): I'll poke some people around here and see if we can commit to either having it or not, and if so, setting a date a.s.a.p.

--Anne ::):

Columbus Day weekend is always a good pick. It's a long weekend, so folks may have the day off on Monday for travel home and not need to spend extra days off. It's early in October, so fits that requirement. ^_^

Now we just need to work on changing that "if we have an Artist Conference" to "when we have an Artist Conference" :devil:

Yes, Kit announced in a separate thread (that needs to be stickied by the way).

No RAC this year.

But, that only means that there will be no official event. Nothing says that we couldn't still plan some sort of gathering of our own.

Anyone interested.

Say first weekend in November or something.