CAV2 Announcement Rules Discussion

General, trust me the design off the game has been done so that its just as fun and challenging at 4*4 as it is at 12*12

the reason you see allot of folks gearing games systems to have functionality at 4*4 is so they can be played on your standard kitchen table which usually isn't even 4*4. Lots of folks don't have the ability to build large tables in their garage like StubDogs fantastic terrain, or have a good game store close by that has good game space and terrain for folks to use.

lots of folks play games on their kitchen table with anything they can get their hands on for terrain, so the game should be just as fun for them as it is for folks with access to large tables.

now that being said both scales of games are going to have different feels and you will deploy your forces differently on small tables vs. large tables.

Mad Pat

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with every word you just said Pat. But, not a single one of them changes my opinion on the point values of vehics and infantry.

And I have played with them all on small, medium, large, and very large tables, as you know.

But, even saying that, I still enjoy the game a bunch as long as I stick within then boundaries of playing CAV games. I am looking forward to Aug 1st.

General, trust me the design off the game has been done so that its just as fun and challenging at 4*4 as it is at 12*12

the reason you see allot of folks gearing games systems to have functionality at 4*4 is so they can be played on your standard kitchen table which usually isn't even 4*4. Lots of folks don't have the ability to build large tables in their garage like StubDogs fantastic terrain, or have a good game store close by that has good game space and terrain for folks to use.

lots of folks play games on their kitchen table with anything they can get their hands on for terrain, so the game should be just as fun for them as it is for folks with access to large tables.

now that being said both scales of games are going to have different feels and you will deploy your forces differently on small tables vs. large tables.

Mad Pat

I honestly don't doubt you on that. I just wonder if all the focus on all games for tourney games is good for wargameing. I admit I am bias.

The very first mini wargame I played was some Micro Armor WWII game I think i was 12 at the time. Don't even rember the game. my uncle brought it over explained it to me. I liked the sound of it. He told me about all the things you could do. So I suggested we play in the Garage. Not on the table but we used the full two car garage at my house. I miss that garage. My parents never parked the cars in it. For whatever reason you had places that the concrete was chiped out which was perfect for a tank to hull down in. We used books notebooks and what ever else we could find for terrain. That was problem the most fun I have ever had playing a mini wargame. So I have always been partial to the biggest battlefield I can create. Heck If I could get someon to watch my one year old. I have the perfect color carpet in the living room for desert terrain.

Maybe in the end that is what is missing you always see the pictures of people useing nice gameing terrain in the books. Maybe games need to put a few shots in of people playing on the floor or what not to really open up their creativity.

I am sure the game will still be fun on a 4*4 table. But there is nothing like playing a wargame on a massive feild in my opinion. I think all gameing companys should try and push that more.

ohh trust me I prefer big games on big tables. Had allot of fun one night at a local game store when we pushed all the 4*4's together. Look on Tabasco's face when I started the game with a IF barrage from a pair of Conquers from 12 feet away. I knew I wasn't landing on target I was just hoping I drifted to one side or the other to get all those nice juicy targets sitting in their deployment zone.

My first 3 years of holding GarageCon the weather was pretty much perfect temperature wise. We did have some rain one year. But, overall it was great.

People think February and think cold. But, they forget its Texas. Its usually in the upper 60s lower 70s in Feb.

Not saying the freak snow thing cant happen (as it obviously did this year) but its just not that normal in Texas.

My first 3 years of holding GarageCon the weather was pretty much perfect temperature wise. We did have some rain one year. But, overall it was great.

People think February and think cold. But, they forget its Texas. Its usually in the upper 60s lower 70s in Feb.

Not saying the freak snow thing cant happen (as it obviously did this year) but its just not that normal in Texas.

LOL...You are right about that. Besides if you wait till spring then you enter twister season. Then in the Summer Garages can get down right hot.

Gosh I miss Dallas so bad.....Heck I miss anywere in Texas

LOL...You are right about that. Besides if you wait till spring then you enter twister season. Then in the Summer Garages can get down right hot.

I was in Dallas last june and it hailed ... twice. ::(:

Maybe building 5-6 giant artificial lakes around the city was not the best idea, meteorologically speaking.