Barmaid

mousekiller

THIS IS THE UPDATED PHOTO

After reading all the helpful critiques on this one I decided to go back and hit her up a bit. Let me know what you think about the update.

post-2668-1148437222_thumb.jpg

Do the voting thing: CMON Barmaid

Well, this little lass is from the Mega Mini Townfolk Pack. I really liked painting her because it gave me an opportunity to work on my layering.

What I don't think came out well, after looking at the picture, is the eyebrows. Probably just should have left her forehead alone.

Anyway, criticism is always welcome.

OLD PHOTO

post-2668-1147379989_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good overall, but go back with your flesh colors and cut back your darklining a bit, especially around the eyes and chest. You could also take the opportunity and clean up that eyebrow some. Honestly, a very large percentage of my painting is really just going back and covering up mistakes.

Eyebrows are looking purple to me. On purpose? My moniter? Don't know.

I like the flesh blending, especially on her breasts...(no I am not a pervert for looking at her breasts...I am a pervert for completely different reasons...)

My only real suggestion is that the foam on the ale should be highlighted more. Outside of that I really dig this one!

I like the flesh blending, especially on her breasts...(no I am not a pervert for looking at her breasts...I am a pervert for completely different reasons...)

My only real suggestion is that the foam on the ale should be highlighted more. Outside of that I really dig this one!

Right, and if she was holding the ale a little lower, you never would have noticed it. :rolleyes: ...Which, by the way, she probably should be doing since it's foaming into her breasts. :huh:

Nice. Did the vote thing.

I've always liked Mega because they have a good line of furnature and it's really interesting how you can slap a few coats of paint and ink on a wood grained texture mini and it just comes out good. Up until recently, my best mini was a set of funrature from their line. I even made a T shirt for Gen Con this year that says "I paint minis and my best mini is furnature." I'll probably still wear it, even though a diorama just beat my furnature by 0.1