Sign in to follow this  
jacketboss

Stupid Question from a newbie:

Does the swing through ability work the same way as the blow through? Just curious how it works for game play. Just spent $200 for nefsokar so.....i kinda wanna know. ::P:

the SA is listed in the Reven Fation book. I don't have mine near but it pretty much goes that you can attack all model along one of your base sides for each of your attacks. Basicly you swing along one side of your base.

Nominate one base side for each ST attack. Nominate a starting end of that side. Model 1 on that side gets attacked at your normal MAV. Model 2 at MAV-2, model 3 at MAV-4, etc. Yes, you can do it on defensive strikes.

Swing Through:

Pick a corner of your model's base. Along a single side, from that corner, to the next, you make a single attack against every model along that side of the base. First model is attacked at MAV. 2nd at MAV -1 MAV -2, 3rd at MAV -2 MAV -4. Since it is a 2 inch wide base, you can only ever fit 3 models on a select side. It is in fact a melee version of blowthrough. Oh yeah, that all counts as a single Melee Attack. So, if you have #MA 2, you can do that twice. Swing Through is also in effect for Defensive Strikes :devil: So, yeah, pretty nasty.

The maximum number of Standard base models you can fit around a Giant (2" base) is 10.

Three across the top and bottom, with a 1/2 inch of base overhang on each side, and 2 on each of the sides.

Enjoy the killing :devil:

Swing Through:

Pick a corner of your model's base. Along a single side, from that corner, to the next, you make a single attack against every model along that side of the base. First model is attacked at MAV. 2nd at MAV -1, 3rd at MAV -2. Since it is a 2 inch wide base, you can only ever fit 3 models on a select side. It is in fact a melee version of blowthrough. Oh yeah, that all counts as a single Melee Attack. So, if you have #MA 2, you can do that twice. Swing Through is also in effect for Defensive Strikes :devil: So, yeah, pretty nasty.

The maximum number of Standard base models you can fit around a Giant (2" base) is 10.

Three across the top and bottom, with a 1/2 inch of base overhang on each side, and 2 on each of the sides.

Enjoy the killing :devil:

Wow thats nasty! I hope i can get it to work. ::D:

Would that stack with the warmaster SA, provided there's any models with that SA? If so, I hope that model is very expensive to field.

Swing Through:

Pick a corner of your model's base. Along a single side, from that corner, to the next, you make a single attack against every model along that side of the base. First model is attacked at MAV. 2nd at MAV -1, 3rd at MAV -2.

Frosch is correct. The cumulative modifier is -2 not -1. So "Full MAV for the first attack, -2 for the second, -4 for the third, etc." (from the Reven book).

Would that stack with the warmaster SA, provided there's any models with that SA? If so, I hope that model is very expensive to field.

You can use Swing Through on Defensive Strikes, therefore if you have Warmaster, you can use multiple Swing Throughs. Neither Sokar's Avatar nor the Hill Giant (the two models with Swing Through currently) have Warmaster.

@Ravenwolf. Yeah, my bad, it's what happens when you post at work without your books and are trying to recall from memory. I've corrected my post. ^_^