Jasco/Game Exchange Warlord Open 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After discussing the issue with the powers that be, and a few other long time players I have decided to pull the restriction for Freelance armies. All other standard force construction rules and other tournament rules still apply.

Mad Pat

I'll be sure and let my Freelance player, Warwick, know about that change. I don't think he would have normally taken more than two adept units anyways, but you never know. ::):

On a different note, just out of curiousity sake, was there going to be scenarios for each round? I remember you stated that you were finalizing that. :upside:

Wild Bill :blues:

There is at least one Scenario planed at for the day and that will be the ice breaker round, I will be announcing more about that soon. I am looking a at least two other scenarios that will at least ad some flavor to the rounds other then normal go kill everyone on the other side of the board.

Mad Pat

Spoke with Mark the Manager, he asked that if you can't make it by the store to sign up for the tournament that you give him a call or drop him a email so we know how many folks to expect.

both his email address and phone number are located in the first post of this thread with the store address.

We have overall 24 available slots, but those are filling up fast!!!

Well, it has been a while since we have visited this topic. One of the guys that was talking about coming with me to your tournament called me last night and was wanting to know about the scenarios. We know about the scenario in the first round. But, are there any for the other three rounds? Where are you getting the scenarios? Are they out of the current books? Did you make them up just for the tournament? Are they ones you play down there all the time? If this last question is the case, that will mean all of the local players will immediately know what is going on and we will be showing up at a disadvantage. I am not very fond of that idea. My friend that was asking me this is not fond of scenarios at all and said that if you plan on having one every round, then he will not show up for tournament. I'm not saying you have to change the way you do business for him, but I'm just letting you know!

I can't speak for Vorchil, the runner of the tourney, I can only comment on my personal gaming experiences at Jasco. For the most part I have never played a "scenario" at Jasco. Most all games I have played were the usual 1 on 1 get as many as you can type. But, then again I am not able to game as much as others that go there.

I'll see if I can contact Mark and have him jump on here to answer.

I will be announcing the details for the first round scenario tomorrow. That really is the only one that will require any thought with your force preparation.

All of the other Scenarios will be fairly light on how they affect normal game play.

I have not decided if we are going to announce them ahead of time or not. They will be playable with any type of force construction so should not be a issue for anyone bringing a force to the table.

Mad Pat

Wild Bill,

We have never run a tournament here for Warlord using any type of scenarios in the past and most people that play up here on a regular basis just play last man standing wins. As far as the scenarios that Mad Pat has in mind, he has kept these a secret from everyone. Hopefully this helps.

Mark Kielty aka Vorchil

Owner

Jasco Games

Since I know I will get asked, the last three scenarios, are they essentially kill 'em all type scnerios? Or are they similar to the Raid scenario in the Necropolis book, where you have lots of things to worry about? I'm just asking because if they are essentially kill 'em all with a twist, like say heros count as double points or something, then I think I can get him to come down. But, if they are more like my second case, he won't come.

And, I do not agree with the allowance of the Nefsokar book in the tourney as we will not have access to the book prior to its release like the Dallas locals. At the Wichita tourney, there were two Nef players. If you have something similar, that creates a disadvantage for us because we will be taken completely by surprise with regards to what is coming out in the book. There is no way to prepare for what we might see on the table. Yes, some of the models have been released, but there might be new army SAs and magic items and the like that we will not be privy too.

I know I represent a very small percentage of the players that would be at your tournament, and I know it sounds like I am trying to dictate to you "By gawd, you will do this and you will do that...". Believe me when I say I am really not doing trying to do that. I'm just trying to get clarification on the scenarios and just making my objection heard to allowing the Nef book. That's all. ::):

edit: Leave it to Vorchil to post something about the scenarios while I'm busy typing away! ^_^

I'm just trying to get clarification on the scenarios and just making my objection heard to allowing the Nef book. That's all.

...yall are committing to 8+ hours on the road, I would be asking questions too. Will there be any "snacks"?

I cant answer a thing, as its not my tourney, but all I can say is... Man, WB, tell your friend to shut up, get in the car, and have fun...

he he

You didnt give much more information about your tourney when I made the drive that way... You just said you were putting together some scenarios. You didnt go into any kind of detail as to what kind of scenarios..

now the Nef argument I can understand and agree with. I'd say ake the book available for people to look at and have fun talking about, but not include for this tourney. Maybe have fun on a side game after tourney or something just to mess around with it, but not in tourney.

oh, and by the way, are you guys still gonna crash at my place afterwards?

You didnt give much more information about your tourney when I made the drive that way... You just said you were putting together some scenarios. You didnt go into any kind of detail as to what kind of scenarios..

Oh, but I beg to differ sir. :devil: I am quoting from the flyer that I posted for my tournament:

**Clears throat**

"Scenarios for each round will be used. These will be chosen from the scenarios given in either the rulebook or a faction book."

So, yes, people did have an option to study up on the available scenarios at that time. ::P::lol:

oh, and by the way, are you guys still gonna crash at my place afterwards?

It depends on who's coming. If it's just me, and the tournament ends fairly late in the day, then yes, I'll take you up on your offer. If there is more than me, then chances are we'll just drive back that night regardless of time. We can trade off drivers and stuff.