Jasco/Game Exchange Warlord Open 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant answer a thing, as its not my tourney, but all I can say is... Man, WB, tell your friend to shut up, get in the car, and have fun...

he he

You didnt give much more information about your tourney when I made the drive that way... You just said you were putting together some scenarios. You didnt go into any kind of detail as to what kind of scenarios..

now the Nef argument I can understand and agree with. I'd say ake the book available for people to look at and have fun talking about, but not include for this tourney. Maybe have fun on a side game after tourney or something just to mess around with it, but not in tourney.

oh, and by the way, are you guys still gonna crash at my place afterwards?

As far as the scenarios go I have no control, but in my opinion, I really don't think that Mad Pat is going to come up with scenarios that will favor any specific faction or cause undue stress on any player.

I do have control over the use of the Nefsokar book though, and after listening to everyone's opinions, I agree that some players will have an unfair advantage. So we will NOT be using the new Nefsokar rules. The book will be on hand however for those of you who would like to take a look at it.

Now, can we all focus on getting ready to welcome our neighbors from the north and have a great tournament. There will be some really nice prizes and I am sure that everyone will have a good time.

Wild Bill, If you would, please private message me or call me at the store and let me know the names and factions of all of the players that are traveling down with you.

If anyone else has not signed up or you need directions on how to get here, please call me. I have enough room for 24 players and while I don't think we will have a problem with spots, I would still like to have an idea of how many people will actually be here.

Thanks,

Mark Kielty aka Vorchil

Owner

Jasco Games

2240 Morriss Rd. Ste. 110

Flower Mound, Texas 75028

972-355-5380

Ok gang I've posted the only scenario that will need any advanced prep or consideration for your force Org. For the first round of the tourney you will need a sub list built from the available troops of your main tourney list. All the models from the mini list need to be pulled from your main list but do not have to be part of the same unit on your main tourney list.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the scenario.

Is this tourney going to use the new "asylum" rules for victory points?

Oh and for all the players.... since editing a post does not make it come back to the top... Please note that Pat has edited the first post a couple of times. Please make sure to go read the changes and additions.

Ya we will not be using the points system from the previous Asylum tourney. Spells bought will count full price with the death of the caster if they have been used or not.

As for the 25% merc rule, we won't be using that for this tourney though that might change in the future.

Hey gang couple of quick reminders.

Be sure to get there early, in plenty of time to check in. Be sure to please bring a nice legible Printed force list, the easier it is for myself and you to read the better it is in the long run.

Please bring dice and a measuring device along with your mini's If you forget Mark has plenty for purchase.

If you have not already signed up at the shop, or contacted the manager by phone or email to sign up do so ASAP, we only have a few slots left.

Please be sure to write down your ReaperGames ID and bring it with you.

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow it looks to be a great day!!!

Mad Pat

I just wanted to drop a quick note to say thanks to all the folks who came out and joined us at Jasco today. Congrats to the winner of the day Gus Landt!

I'll be posting full results and some photos of the event soon.

Thanks again to Mark for giving us a great place to pay, and to Stubdog for some great terrain.

Mad Pat

As usual, as long as it involves moving little metal figures around the table and rolling dice to knock em down, I sure do have fun. Win or lose.

I go the snot knocked out of me by Gus in the true first round, and won squeakers in my second two rounds. But, had a great time in each (well, admittedly twas frustrated in the third game when my opponent rolled at least 20-25 natural 10s)

Thanks for throwing the shin dig, only wish I could have won that full set of paints.. Oh well, next time.

Met a bunch of new people. Good people today. Thanks and looking forward to playing more against you.

Had mixed reviews of my terrain. People liked how it looked but hated playing on it cause it was different than what they were used to and provided a challenge that many were not anticipating. Well, I just think they make for great pictures.... Hopefully Pat has a few of those, I was too busy playing to get any.

The day was an absolute blast! (And not just because I won. ::P: )

Mad Pat did an amazing job of keeping everything moving, and walking around answering questions. *three cheers*

Jason, your terrain WAS awesome. Even when it was frustrating to play on! :lol:

For those wondering, I played the Ultimate Cheese. A (nearly) all ranged Freelance. It was my first time playing freelance, and I played it for only one reason - to help prove that the freelance rules need to be fixed. Allowing an all ranged army in a tourney is just too powerful. I never had to count points in any of my games, because they were all decisive victories. Some games I only lost maybe 200 points!

Anyway, I don't like freelance, and I hope there are some changes to the freelance rules soon. I knew EE was working out the details of such a plan, and figured if I could sweep through the tourney unmolested that would hasten a ruling. :ph34r:

I want to thank everyone that came out to Jasco yesterday for the Warlord tournament. We had 20 players show up which helped make this a great day. I would like to give a special thanks to Wild Bill and Micah for making the trip down from Oklahoma. I played Wild Bill in the third round and it turned out to be a great and bloody battle. Look forward to another game soon.

Congratulations to Gus Landt, Darren Puryear, and Derek Ogletree for taking our top three spots and Paul Coxe for winning best painted. Also to my son, Sean, for having some of the worst dice of the day and still maintaining a positive attitude. He was the receipient of the Murphy's Luck award.

Jason, thanks for the use of your terrain. I think the addition of your terrain pieces helped provide for some exciting games.

Now that all the games have been played, I ask that everyone register their games on the Warlord website. The store to register games under is Game Exchange. If you need anyone's ID numbers you can PM MadPat or Me (Vorchil) and we can get you those numbers.

Last, I want to thank Mad Pat for running another great tournament and Michael for providing such great prizes. I look forward to running many more events with y'all in the near future.

Again, thanks to everyone for coming and I look forward to more great tournaments in the future. Oh, and sorry about the air.

Mark Kielty aka Vorchil

Jasco Games