Sign in to follow this  
lstormhammer

The Darakan Chronicles, Ice and Madness (OOC)

I will be starting this game ten years after the adventures of Stern and so forth. So the previous infant king will shortly be taking the crown for his own, and so on and so forth.

The characters from the previous game might make appearances, but as NPCs and so forth.

More later!

--LSH

Hello Players and GM.

Here's my PC concept and basic stats. I do not have 3.5 stuff, so feel free to help me with updates and edits.

Name: Ian McClern

Hgt: 5' 9"

Wgt: 197

Hair: Black

Eyes: Green

Race: Human Gender: Male

Level: 3

Class: Paladin (Corpus Knight of St. Marcus)

Alignment: LG

Hit Points: 29

AC: 21

MV: 20'

REF: 4 FORT: 8 WILL: 7 INIT: 0

Feats: Cleave, Exotic Weapon (Bastard Sword), Power Attack

Skills: Concentration (7) Diplomacy (9) Handle Animal (6) Heal (8) Knowledge, Relgion (7)

Ride (4) Craft (4) Stonemasonary

Paladin Abilities: Detect Evil, Divine Grace, Lay On Hands, Aura of Courage, Smite Evil,

Remove Disease, Turn Undead, Code of Conduct

Lanuages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Str:17

Dex:10

Con:15

Int:14

Wis:16

Cha:17

Weapons:

Bastard Sword of St. Marcus (Bonded Weapon)

+1 Short Sword of St. Marcus (standard issue)

Light Crossbow (20 bolts)

Hadren Military Dagger, Silvered

Armor:

Splint Mail of St. Marcus +1 Large Shield of St. Marcus +1(Standard issue)

Equipment: Bedroll

Candle (2)

Flint/ Steel

Whetstone (3)

Holy Water Flask (3)

Mirror, small

Piton (3)

Rations, Trail (5)

Rope, Hemp (50ft.)

Blood of St. Marcus (3)

Exp. Points: 6000

Funds: 16 Gold

22 Silver

8 Copper

I'd like to join in if there is room.

My first choice/concept would be to play a Ranger with primarily horse and bow skills currently acting as a wandering horse trainer/master. It's a character that I created for a failed PBEM that I can update fairly quickly. ::):

Ron

@Stern, it takes an Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword) to wield one single handed, unless you want to accept a -4 penalty to your to hit rolls. Since you have a shield in your kit, I am presuming that was part of your plan. MW weapons also add 300 gp to the cost of the weapon, so you might need to tweak your equipment given our 1000 gp limit.

Thanks Qwyk! I meant to list Exotic Weapon Proficiency not Weapon Focus as one of my feats. So, I fixed that. Sorry, I did not see the 1000 gp limit LSH's earlier post. My bad. I am using the PHB Character Generator CD and I was using the cash they gave me (about 2500gps). The weapons have been changed normal rather than MW. As for the +1 Splint Armor, short sword, and large shield, they would be standard issue for a Corpus Knight of Rockfist. :poke:

What about the rest of you? Who's in? What are you thinking about for a PC? :rock:

SK

I am planning on making a Rogue. Most likely human. I just need to work on the character sheet (and hope I roll as well as I did when making Lanse's characters for the game at RCON, in stead of my usual) and decide what kind of rogue I want to make.

There's a part of me that wants to take Roderick from the Tale of the Five, and grow him up a couple more years (since we started and ended that one at level 1) so he's not such a wide-eyed young boy and has gotten a few miles of dust on his boots like his Da always said and decided what kind of man he would be. OF course, not sure where in the timeline that little stutter of a campaign was.

Hi there.

Sorry about the lack of replies, stupid RL and what-not.

A Rogue would be just fine for the game, and easily brought into the adventure.

If you want to make a Ranger, Vutpakdi, feel free to PM me and we'll hammer out ideas. New people doing this is always good.

--LSH

I'm interested, if you need another character let me know. I'll try to throw something together for a character. My concern is that RL has interrupted your past two games you have started. I was really enjoying The Tale of the Four, and still have my character sheet for it in fact. I want to play, but I also don't want the game to die a month from now either. Keep me posted.

Okay, here's the numbers for my character. I got stumped over the weekend for a name. I am working on back story, which LSH will get, the rest of you will have to figure it out by roleplaying w/ him :poke:, unless we're going to start a pre-formed, existing party.

Rogue-2/Fighter-1

LN Medium humanoid

Init +7

Languages: Common, Elven, Halfling, Goblin

Hgt: 6' 3" Wgt: 188

Eyes: Brown Hair: Dark Brown

AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13

Armor: Studded Leather, Masterwork

Def Options: Tumble, Dodge, Mobility

HP: 23 (3 HD - 2d6, 1d10)

Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Speed: 30 ft.

Melee: Kukri +5 (1d4+2/18-20,x2) or

Ranged: Composite Shortbow (+2 Str draw) +5 (1d6+2/x3) Rng 70ft

Base Atk +2; Grapple +4

Atk Options: Sneak Attack +1d6

Special Abilities: Trapfinding, Evasion, Bonus Feats (Fighter & Human), Bonus Skills (Human)

Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 15

Feats: Nimble Fingers, Dodge, Mobility, Improved Initiative

Skills: Balance +5, Bluff +7, Climb +7, Diplomacy +4, Disable Device +13, Disguise +4, Hide +9

Intimidate +6, Jump +4, Listen +7, Move Silently +9, Open Locks +13, Search +9, Sense Motive +5

Sleight of Hand +11, Spot +7, Tumble +8

All other skills are used untrained w/ ability modifiers only.

Posessions: Masterwork Thieves Tools, MW Studded Leather, Explorer's Outfit, MW Kukri, Comp Shortbow

Arrows (20) x2, Bedroll, Everburning Torch, Flint & Steel, Silk Rope - 50', Sunrod (2), Waterskin, Rations (5)

Whetstone, Signal Whistle, Tindertwig (10), Fishhook & line, Beltpouch, Chalk (5), Sewing Needle (2)

Backpack

Total weight - 57 lbs. Light - 58, Med - 116, Heavy - 174

Coin: 3 CP, 3 SP, 15 GP, 3 PP

Looking good, people. I hope to get this game started in the next week (or so).

Enchantra does bring up a good point, and yes, I am going to do my best to keep on track with the postings, and keep the game moving. I would hate to have another flop.

--LSH

Looks good Qwyk... But what shall we call him?

So far;

1). Paladin (Corpus Knight of St. Marcus)

2). Rogue/Figther

3). ?

4). ?

5). ?

I was thinking perhaps a wizard, or maybe a solid Cleric (St. Marcus order), perhaps another figther, maybe a bard or ranger to round us out.

Races? Humans, elves, dwarves, half-orcs?

SK, typing out loud.

Looks good Qwyk... But what shall we call him?

I'll provide a name once I create one. Honestly, it's one the hardest things about making a character for me. I can generate reams of backstory and roll one up in minutes. Bloody names can take me a week to come up with something I like. <_<

Well with the Paladin we have good combat and decent healing.

I've got the skills whore, with the focus on Locks and Stealth, with some decent combat skills.

We're still definitely lacking in the Arcane Magic arena - Wizard or Sorceror would do nicely.

If we're going to have 4, I'd think either pure fighter or barbarian would be good - support in melee, or as melee support a ranger or cleric would also do great, plus give some additional support with skills or spells.

A bard for the 5th would be a great compliment. A little Arcane, some extra healing, some combat, focus on the more people skills and Intel others will have ignored. The party face man.

But, pick something you all want, we can make do with whatever we have. And I am thinking maybe I need to tweak my kit and swap out some gear, for a few healing potions, just in case ::):

Understood Qwyk. ::):

FYI players and GM- I'm moving next week 5/30/06 thru 6/4/06 so I may not be able to participate in postings during this time... I'll do my best once I return to work on 6/5/06 (post move). So, I'm good this week, but not next.

SK

Sorry for the delay on my part: spent all of my time this weekend trying to catch and be ready for my first BL demo on Sunday.

A bit more on my concept (which is recycled from another PBEM which didn't quite take off): a horse trader's son who had a chance later than most to train with a retired ranger. His skills are mostly oriented towards horse or mounted related skills. Preferred weapon would be a composite short bow.

LSH, I'll send the background info to you via PM for approval and update the character sheet by tomorrow night: have to add another level and redo the equipment.

Ron