Sign in to follow this  
Lastman

Wasp from 1st Gulf War era

I painted this when I was a pup just prior to the 1st Gulf War. It's Battletech for sure and I think it's a Wasp Recon mech.

post-1737-1147911156_thumb.jpg

post-1737-1147911179_thumb.jpg

nice

I like that one, good lookin camo pattern on it

RM

See, that was back when I liked the design of the 'mechs. On the other hand I also had no idea that Macross or Robotech even existed. I just don't care for the designs that followed, well, with the exception of the Mad Cat. I just wish I had the cash on me a few years ago when I came across a Phoenix Hawk LAM mini at a flea market.

Anyhoo, nice paint job on the mini, quite the nostalgia piece.

Definitely brings back some memories. I used to be quite into Battletech. Still have some 16-24 or so of the original minis including a couple of my favorites: the Warhammer and the Archer. The ones that were taken from the various anime shows were some of the best ones, but some from that era which were home grown (like the Hatchetman (or whatever it was called), the Cyclops, and the Atlas) were quite good as well.

Ron

Looks good to me.

It's a Stinger, the Wasp had a round head like the Phoenix Hawk.

Cheesy way I remember the difference in the two minis since they look very similar:

Elmur Fudd: "Wasp has it's gun out to the wight" - w = w ...lame but works.

man that takes me back - a stinger like that was the first mini i ever bought, specifically because it looked like a veritech from robotech. (the macross style mechs being the entire reason I started playing battletech) And it was eventually the first one i tried to paint too...

very good job on it - I really like that camo, very cleanly done and effective