Starship game in RAGE

Sergeant_Crunch

I've been kickin' some ideas around in my head about writing up some starship combat rules based on RAGE to hold me over until Imperator is developed. What I don't want to do is step on Reaper's toes. I have no intention of selling the game, using the CAV universe, or claiming any part of the RAGE universe to be my own work. Just something to toy around with on the tabletop. What is Reaper's stance on projects such as these?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man.. Frosch's CAV's to Spaceships idea is going to go completely out of control :wow:

The upside is I know now what to do with those 8 Banshee tanks I bought last year.

Is that "give them to SaintRigger because he *loves* tanks?" ;)

I say go for it. I was toying around with a few RAGE ideas myself a while back, but I get horrifically intimidated by trying to stat things out and make them balanced.

House rules and such (using CAV/Warlord as a foundation for your House Rules version of Imperator/etc.) are just fine. If you intend on posting your house rules anywhere (your website, this forum, etc.), be sure you include the requisite ™ and © information for which material is ours (Terms, logos, et al) and try to be clear about which content is yours.

If you worry about whether you are stepping on toes, e-mail a copy of your proposed house rules to us, and we'll let you know if there's anything that we would like to see done to keep it from being toe-smoosh-y.

If you worry about whether you are stepping on toes, e-mail a copy of your proposed house rules to us, and we'll let you know if there's anything that we would like to see done to keep it from being toe-smoosh-y.

Translation: If they like it, they'll publish it as their own work and make millions of dollars off of it, mwuhahaha! :lol:

Anyway, I now have a temptation to dig out all my BFG models to make a space combat system using RAGE. Although, now that I think about it, how do you do it without making it just look like CAV in space?

Wow, I'm out running around in the dirt for most of the day and I come back to a flood of replies!

Thanks for the info Bryan. I try to respect copywrites and such as much as possible, that was my primary concern.

@Tannhauser: If they do publish it without modification, which I would find very hard to believe, I'd be happy to accept restitution in miniatures. I've got a few ideas that'll make it more than CAV in Spaaaaaaaaaace.

@Col Kane: I'd be more than happy to collaborate. As of right now all I really have is a blank starship datacard, some ideas for SAs, and a couple vague ideas on movement and combat. I'll probably shoot you a few PMs before I start anything in the Sci Fi forum. I'm already overbooking myself for this weekend so I'm not going to promise anything to look at in the immediate future. If anyone else is interested, PM me.

Lawgiver I havent done so but have been wondering if anyone had.

Sagre I have worked up one ship..... o.k. I stole the stats but am trying to tinker with them. a few ideas on SA's here too. I am going to try to tinker this weekend, but the Gerenal set the pace not me that and the little Private keeps me busy. :wacko: If I get things tinkered this weekend I'll pm you what I got. If not I'll pm you what I have anyways.