Wormy

Stubbdog

Well, here is my latest one. This was for the spring exchange.

I know I still need to take it further, but I was pretty happy with my progress on blending. Due to the extreme shadows, the lighting in the picture was very hard to take and not make part of it look off or too light.

Anyways, feedback appreciated (even though it is already shipped and I cant make changes to it).

dhl3023-05182006.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewww that's really gross.

In this case that means Good Job :lol:

My only suggestion is to, as you said "take it further", especially in the shadowy parts on the face and torso. It seems difficult to make out some of the (really gross) detail in those areas. Although that may be the photo.

The only thing I can really complain about is that I can see mold lines on the top skull in the pile. It kinda sticks out and detracts from an otherwise really good piece.

Good Job!

Ewww that's really gross.

In this case that means Good Job :lol:

My only suggestion is to, as you said "take it further", especially in the shadowy parts on the face and torso. It seems difficult to make out some of the (really gross) detail in those areas. Although that may be the photo.

The only thing I can really complain about is that I can see mold lines on the top skull in the pile. It kinda sticks out and detracts from an otherwise really good piece.

Good Job!

The pics lighter it up, the shadows are deeper in person. It's an awesome job.

Gee, Jason. I had no idea your paint-fu was so strong. Very nice. Show off more of your stuff, Dude!

Well, you have to understand that that took me about 3 weeks to paint cause of how slow I am.

But, the good news is, that 75% of that was done in the last 2-3 days right after RCon. So, I am getting faster. Yes, another testament to why people should make every effort to get to a Con and take classes. I learned a ton of stuff in my classes that I was able to incoporate in even this piece and it did speed me up quite a bit too.

The blending in the robe was from Sir Lazlo's class. My first time wet blending verses layers.

The glowing eye (which really does not show up very good in the picture cause of the deep shadow) with glowing inside of the robe and over the skull, that was from Master Schubert's class.

Some of the detail I did on the worms, that again cause of the camera not cooperating while I was trying to get that picture of the face to show up made the worms kinda meld together in the pictures was from my details class with Lady Haley.

But, I agree with Flit, I needed to take this piece a lot further in both directions (highlights and shadows) and just kinda ran out of time. I really did a poor job with the hands. But, oh well, next time.

CC, glad you like it. I enjoyed doing it. I am normally one of those people that prefers nice clean cut non wormy type models. But, this one just jumped out at me and I knew I had to paint it, and the exchange was the perfect reason to do it.