Sign in to follow this  
Ardice

Custom Sculpt by Sandra Garrity

Hi all. It's been a while since I've posted here. I wanted to show off a figure I finished a few weeks ago. But first, a small backstory... I run a games convention in Ottawa, Canada called CanGames. This year was our 30th anniversary and we wanted to do something special. One of the things we looked into was having our mascot, a dwarf, sculpted to be cast and put on our trophies. It's something we've been wanting to do for a long time, but being a non-profit organization we didn't really have a lot of money to pursue it in the past. So, I went and emailed Sandra and to my amazement she came back to me with a very reasonable price. So, a few months later I received this amazing green - she caught him perfectly on her first try. He's now been cast, and the originals returned to Sandra. Our convention was last weekend (May 19-22) and the tropies went over spectacularly. Here is one that I painted up just for myself (the trophies were just painted gold).

Comments always welcome :)

post-1593-1148826827.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all. It's been a while since I've posted here. I wanted to show off a figure I finished a few weeks ago. But first, a small backstory... I run a games convention in Ottawa, Canada called CanGames. This year was our 30th anniversary and we wanted to do something special. One of the things we looked into was having our mascot, a dwarf, sculpted to be cast and put on our trophies. It's something we've been wanting to do for a long time, but being a non-profit organization we didn't really have a lot of money to pursue it in the past. So, I went and emailed Sandra and to my amazement she came back to me with a very reasonable price. So, a few months later I received this amazing green - she caught him perfectly on her first try. He's now been cast, and the originals returned to Sandra. Our convention was last weekend (May 19-22) and the tropies went over spectacularly. Here is one that I painted up just for myself (the trophies were just painted gold).

Comments always welcome :)

Very cool! I like his expression, friendly looking fellow.

Whats in hi left hand?

Congrats on 30 years!

That is an awesome mini. I would use it for a Gnome Illusionist (I know it's supposed to be a Dwarf) if I had one.

Now I want one... ::(:

Looks like one of those long, old style pipes. Very nicely done. Miniature people are always so nice.
His other left. :-P

::D: Looks like an axe of some sort to me.

Right, I never did talk about the details, did I? He's 54mm tall from boots to the top of his helm. He's holding a pipe in his right hand, an axe in his left.

Sorry Dragon Snack, he's not for sale. If you want one you have to come to our convention and win a trophy :) We have a limited number of "unpainted" (ie not gold like the trophies) that we've put aside. Most have gone to our Organizing Committee (at cost) in thanks for all the hard work over the years. The rest we are considering giving as prizes to the winners of our figure painting contest, but thar decision has not been finalized yet. If you'd like to know more about us, you can check out our website, www.cangames.ca

Hmm, 54mm is awfully tall for a Gnome when all your other figs are 25-30mm... :huh:

Yes, that is awfully tall. Of course since he's meant to be used as the figure on a trophy, bigger IS better ::D:

Hmm, 54mm is awfully tall for a Gnome when all your other figs are 25-30mm... :huh:

..he's a GIANT gnome :;):