Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Toy Soldier Reaper Day

Welll. . . seeing how I could not "rep-re-sent". . . how was the tourney today? And what are the new grand prix standings?

No rest for the wicked storm :devil: !

I placed third. Granted, I also had to forfeit my third and final round, but I kicked enough arse in the first two rounds that I was still able to place. :devil: There were a bit of delays between rounds 1 and 2 so I had to take off 15-20 minutes into round 3. :down: Which is unfortunate, I was just getting ready to pounce and remove the player from the board. Reven vs very low model count Nefsokar. It wasn't going to be very pretty.

Darn dinner plans with my parents. <_<

I placed third. Granted, I also had to forfeit my third and final round, but I kicked enough arse in the first two rounds that I was still able to place. :devil: There were a bit of delays between rounds 1 and 2 so I had to take off 15-20 minutes into round 3. :down: Which is unfortunate, I was just getting ready to pounce and remove the player from the board. Reven vs very low model count Nefsokar. It wasn't going to be very pretty.

Darn dinner plans with my parents. <_<

Yeah, we had 4 players join the tourney in round 2, and 2 needed loaner armies. Took a bit to get them set up, and I'm sorry for the delay.

I have to do a little fiddling with my spreadsheet to update the standings, but I have all the data to do so. Rest assured, Tavis, you did not move up. :)

I think only Tony passed you tho. You'd better show for OGC, tho, because I know Tony (currently #2) will be there, and Mike C (currently #1) won't be. With you in third, the pole position is on the line!

PS

Storminator- would you please post the tournament info.

Who won?

who played?

what factions?

what army lists?

I so wanted to be there... :down:

we had Qwyk, Overlord Dan (that's his Rgames handle), Ravenwolf, Curadhan, and a bunch of local kids from the store.

Qwyk played his Grand Reven, Overlord Dan played Crusaders ... err I mean Overlords, and Ravenwolf played Crypt Legion. One kid borrowed a Walking Avatar and my Nefso demo forces (and another 400 points in equipment), one kid borrowed Qwyk & mine's Darkspawn demo forces (and used Qwyk's Throne of Skulls for Rauthuros), Warlord James (one of the kids) played Freelance made from Overlords and Mercs, and jdripley (Rgames handle) played Dwarves. Players will have to chime in with their lists. I checked them, but I didn't keep them.

Tony went 3-0, Qwyk went 1-2 (but forfeited the last game, he likely would have won), Overlord Dan went 2-1, jdripley went 0-3. The rest of the players missed the first round, and jumped in during the second.

Final standings are in the Storminator's Grand Prix thread.

Good time was had by all. See if you can make it out the OGC (I'll provide a link/info later) in late July!

PS

Yeah, we had 4 players join the tourney in round 2, and 2 needed loaner armies. Took a bit to get them set up, and I'm sorry for the delay.

No worries Pete. I still had fun. I just wish my folks had wanted to meet at 6, I would have only needed another 15 minutes :devil:

Hey everybody. I played dwarves. I don't own enough models to field a decent 1000 pt army, but here it was anyways :)

Troop 1

Thorvald w/+2 DV

Troop 2

Fulumbar w/Divine Favor

4x Warriors w/+1 DV each, musician

Halberdier

Margara Firetongue w/+1CP, 3x Ice, 1x Scare, 1x Bolt, 1x Fireball

Troop 3

Gargram

4x Warriors w/musician

2x Halberdiers

Troop 4

Freya

3x Piercers

and to top it off, a Totem of Battle. 993 points, total. Or 996. I forget.

The general strategy was to use Fulumbar and Gargram as the beatsticks, marching those two troops up the battlefield and engaging. Margara would provide some ranged support on the way in. Thorvald would hang back, providing reach support as needed and wait for a hole to plug or some point to exploit. Freya would guard her piercers, which I spread out across the line to take pot shots where I could.

I'd say my biggest problem was lack of numbers. I gave as well as I got, but all of my enemies simply had more units on the field. If we both lost 5 or 6 models, I was down to two left in my troop, and they still had 4 or 5 left. Of course there was a good bit of outmaneuvering and general better playing on the part of my opponents as well :lol: For the most part I took out approximately half of the opponent's army before being taken out myself, which I thought was saying something, considering I fought without enough models, have only been playing for a month or two, and faced Qwyksilver, OverlordDan, and Ravenwolf (I believe), all of whom had great armies and and were excellent players.

Next tourney's in the fall and I aim to put up even more fight then!

I fought without enough models, have only been playing for a month or two, and faced Qwyksilver, OverlordDan, and Ravenwolf (I believe), all of whom had great armies and and were excellent players.

Thanks for the post. It's nice to see more new blood (even if it is dwarven... :poke: )

I fought without enough models, have only been playing for a month or two, and faced Qwyksilver, OverlordDan, and Ravenwolf (I believe), all of whom had great armies and and were excellent players.

Thanks for the post. It's nice to see more new blood (even if it is dwarven... :poke: )

Hey EW, can you post the army you would have brought?

PS

Dwarves don't have blood, only beer!

Hey EW, can you post the army you would have brought?

PS

I was still undecided. It was going to be Reven, Elves or Nefsokar. My Reven was not finalized. Elves was straitforward... 2 cetaurs, 9 archers, 5 warriors and 2 leaders. Nefsokar was probably going to be the same as at the Whiz store.

EW is just jealous of your superior army!! :devil: You keep right on playing Dwarves!! :bday:

Wild Bill :blues:

My Tourney List:

• Kak'Urgh
    w/ Komagg Bleeder Spear
  • 6 Lesser Orc Warriors
    w/ Troop Standard
  • 6 Lesser Orc Spearbearer
  • Lunk
    w/ Fireball, Life Transfer x2, Divine Favor

• Kharg
  • 4 Bull Orc Warriors
  • 5 Bull Orc Archers