• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work Angela

love the cloak on Ardynn, simple but effective

the lion, that is different view on that one, nice

Anduriel, love the metallics on that one, nice!!

great work on all

RM

Well, I know after taking all the classes that I had with you and Gus, that I want to keep tabs of this post and bring it back up next year to be able to compare the improvements. I know that I have already noticed how much I have improved since those classes. I am sure the same will be for you.

By the way, I love the color scheme.

Thanks for the comments!

Anduriel, love the metallics on that one, nice!!

That was my first attempt at NMM, and other than the color selections, I just followed the tutorial in the "Learn to Paint NMM" kit! ::D: I guess it worked!

I just love the color choice on Ardynn's cloak plus the embroidery is a bit different, and I just love it!

That was my first try at freehand, and although I had some great patterns in mind for the whole back of the cloak, once I'd finished the two lines I decided to quit before I messed it up!

I have to say I love that lion! :wub:

that is such a cool idea! The spiral galaxy on the back... great touch! Wonderfully creative!

Thank you! When I saw that he was a "celestial" lion, it just made sense to paint stars and galaxies on him. ::): Glad you like him!

Angela

I like the shoulder pad NNM on the visible model, but more importantly I love the fact that you didn't highlight the bloody cloak with anything! Black should stay black. You shouldn't highlight it with several shades of grays, then the object looks.....gray. By the by, excellent striping of the NNM gold on his cloak, very well done.

• Artists

The title on this thread really confused me at first as Angela won first place Sophies in two categories at ReaperCon. Then I realized the thread was from 2006!

Wow, blast from the past! :blink:::):

Dedros, the cloak on the model shown above is actually a deep burgundy, not black. Thanks for the comments, though!

And thanks, also , Voladilk, for the compliment. ::):

Um, okay... well this is the second time I didn't see the color of your miniature properly, or should I say the quality of the picture is perhaps the issue. Without being at a Reapercon to see it up close I couldn't tell you what the heck was going on. But I do like standing corrected when I'm trying to complement. Thank you.

I was confused as well. I know I didn't recall seeing those at this year's ReaperCon, then noticed the other posts.

Those are really good, Angela, and what really confused me was that when I saw them, I KNEW that they weren't as good as the ones I saw this year, so you've definitely improved a great deal in the past year. The Celestial Lion idea was awesome, I just think you could have brought up some of the highlights a bit more, and maybe made the stars a bit more prominent, but that is an awesome idea.