Reaper Fantasy Football: Season 2

styates

Congratulations to our SEASON 2 LEAGUE CHAMPION ICARUS and his LIGHTBRINGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Official Site: Reaper League Fantasy Football Anybody (even those not in our league) can go here and check to see how we're doing!

Final Standings after the Playoffs (Draft will be in reverse order of standings)

1. The Lightbringers Icarus

2. Autumn Wind Ranzadule

3. Rocky Mountain Dwarven Stouts Heisler

4. Ritterlich Tigers Humansquish

5. Gnu G-nomes Nikmal

6. Haldir's Hellions haldir

7. Galaxy Beaters SOldcorn

8. Forgewalk Minions Qwyksilver

9. Groo and The Wanderers styates

10. Phoenix Legion of Doom Crazy8

11. Team Kelly Irish Stallion

12. Cheyenne Mountain Dwarfs CuCulain42

Teams and Owners by Division (with over-all records)

FINAL REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

CRUSADERS

1 The Lightbringers Icarus 9-5-0 (Division Champs)

2 Galaxy Beaters SOldcorn 7-7-0

3 Groo and The Wanderers styates 5-9-0

DWARVES

1 Rocky Mountain Dwarven Stouts Heisler 10-4-0 (Division Champs due to tie-breakers)

2 Gnu G-nomes Nikmal 10-4-0

3 Cheyenne Mountain Dwarfs CuCulain42 3-11-0

REVEN

1 Haldir's Hellions haldir 10-4-0 (Division Champs)

2 Autumn Wind Ranzadule 8-6-0

3 Forgewalk Minions Qwyksilver 5-9-0

CAV

1 Ritterlich Tigers Humansquish 10-4-0 (Division Champs)

2 Phoenix Legion of Doom Crazy8 5-9-0

3 Team Kelly Irish Stallion 2-12-0

Playoffs

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Gm9 - Championship Game

#6 Autumn Wind - 76

#4 The Lightbringers - 103

WINNERS CONSOLATION ROUND 3

Gm10 TOT

#2 Dwarven Stouts - 46

#1 Ritterlich Tigers - 96

Gm11 TOT

#5 Gnu G-nomes - 118

#3 Haldir's Hellions - 80

Gm12 TOT

#8 Forgewalk Minions - 68

#7 Galaxy Beaters - 72

CONSOLATION LADDER ROUND 3 (Losers! We Suck)

GmC5

#10 Phoenix Legion of Doom! - 84

#9 Groo and The Wanderers - 92

GmC6 TOT

#12 Team Kelly - 44

#11 Cheyenne Mountain Dwarfs - 24

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deus_Omega is in for next season as well, so the only one I haven't heard from is SOldcorn but I'd assume that he'll want in again next year when his life maybe isn't quite so hectic.

SO, since we have 10 possibly 11 on board, I guess we can start some discussions of how we want to do things next season.

First off, besides filling vacant slots, do we want to open up the league for new people to join in next season?? This has it's pros and cons. It would give more Reaper peeps a chance to join in on our little party down here, but it would thin out the talent pool that much more.

Number two: Keepers. How do we want to do this? Keep a few players, no players, a starting line-up worth, all players?? Personally, I'm leaning towards keeping 2 or 3, but let me know what you guys think. We may also want to go with no keepers for this season and start them up next time since we had the auto draft, so that's up for discussion as well.

Third: The Draft. Is everybody up for a live draft?? If so, it's not too early to at least start some preliminary planning. Such as time differences for everybody and what day of the week would probably work for you. That way we can come up with 3 or 4 dates that might work for everybody and go from there as the season gets closer.

So, thoughts, concerns, suggestions??? Let us know. Either post your stuff here or PM/email me and I'll compile everything together and post it for all to see.

Stefan

Answer One: I don't see anything wrong with opening the league up to new people... BUT, I think if it is to be done it should be done so that every conference has an equal amount of players.

Answer Two: I like the idea of 2 keepers. 3 allows you a keeper in the 3 primary player positions (QB, RB and WR) and if everyone does that that'll be a lot of talent sucked up real fast.

Answer Three: I'm definitely up for a live draft. Probably work best on a Saturday or Sunday.

#1 - Absolutely open it up to more players. The more the merrier. Hell, let more than 12 people join too. Sure it dilutes the talent pool, but that also puts more emphasis on the draft and your abillity to pick beyond the top 10 guys. I'd rather see 20 or so folks playing if possible, and having real playoffs, not Hockey playoffs where everyone makes it to the final dance.

#2 - I think we should allow either no keepers this next season, or 1-2. Since last year was an Autodraft. In future years, if we continue this, I think it's not unreasonable to keep at least 6 players, even up to 8. Remember, some of the players you keep may not be superstars this or next season, but rookies you draft for 2-3 years down the road and want to hold on to.

#3 - I definitely think there should be a live draft if at all possible. That's a decision we should make ASAP based on the returning players picking a date. Anyone else that wants to join in would have the option of participating in the Live draft, or taking their chances when we're done with what's left. People that do not have kept players from this season (i.e. newbies), get an extra pick at the end of the second round.

We also need to decide if we are going to do a snake draft or a regular draft. Snake drafts go 1-x, x-1, 1-x, etc as the rounds progress. Since everyone is starting from scratch with nothing, a snake style draft keeps things pretty even. Future years we can decide if we want to change this.

Keepers are okay with me, but limit them to no more than 2 and maybe only 1. I would guess that every team probably has one or two worth keeping. Dropping everyone and re-drafting with a live draft is okay with me too.

Opening up the league is fine but going beyond 12 will probably create some problems. If you feel the need then top it at 16. Why? Because there are 32 teams in the league and by capping at 16 everyone can still have alternates when a player is out on a bye week. It would be nice if the roster could be expanded a little bit. I found it frustrating to have to drop a player when he was on a bye week because there wasn't enough room to carry an alternate for that position.

Live draft is a must have thing. It hard to say what nights would be bad for me, except that Tuesday night is my roller hockey night. Obviously not sure what night my son's ice hockey practise will be on.

Good thoughts so far guys!!

I'm compiling everybody's responses into a word file for now so that it'll be easier to go through later. I'm keeping track of your suggestions too as all of these things will have to be decided as well before next season starts. Keep the good ideas flowing!! We will not be able to do everything exactly the way that everybody wants it, but we'll do our best to come to a consensus and make this the best league that we can.

Stefan

Good thoughts so far guys!!

I'm compiling everybody's responses into a word file for now so that it'll be easier to go through later. I'm keeping track of your suggestions too as all of these things will have to be decided as well before next season starts. Keep the good ideas flowing!! We will not be able to do everything exactly the way that everybody wants it, but we'll do our best to come to a consensus and make this the best league that we can.

Stefan

I think that a live draft is a must too. What day of the week is open for me as I am not working at the moment but that could change.. whyich I will let every one know as soon as I do :)

I also think that we should open it up to new players as well.. no more then 16 teams total though. That way it sets a limit. The thing about opening it to new players is that we should not have keepers. (as much as I would like to) the reason being is that the newer players would feel cheated and rightously so. Plus it was an auto draft. next year we can start the keeper system since we will have the live draft as well as a set team thing.

-jon

Ok, I'm with everyone on the open to new players, with the max of 16 teams.

I'll vote for 2 keepers this year. Lets us keep a couple of favorites while opening up more talent for the draft.

I am also up for a live draft, weekends and evenings (5pm or later Mountain Time)are open for me. I like the idea of a snake draft.

That's my 2 coppers.

Oh and Qwyk, so sorry about your Pats, no not really. ::P::lol:

BRONCOS

All the Way, Yeah

Go Steelers. :devil:

I say we keep 3 players and go with an autodraft again. A lot of the fun for me was having players from a lot of different teams. I found myself being interested in football games I wouldn't have been otherwise. It made football season more fun for me as a whole.

The random aspect of each weeks games also made for some fun. I lost some games I thought were a sure-thing and won some I was sure I was going to lose.

I have enough on my plate as it is and I really don't want to have to become an expert on every team and player in the NFL to stay competitive in a FFL. With a 3 player "keep" and an autodraft everyone has about the same shot. I want to keep Bledsoe and LT and wassisname the Dallas reciever but that's only because I think I'm the only Dallas fan on here. Other than that I don't really care what defense or what kicker I get. I'm not a big college ball fan so I don't really know who's going to get drafted into the NFL this year and the NFL teams have scouts and analysts that get paid good money to get the best kids they can and i'll trust their judgement.

I say do all the trades you want during the off-season to try and get a good core of keepers and then let fate decide. "Any given Sunday" right?

Anyway, that's my argument for keeping it simple and fun for those of us who want to participate but don't want to make it a second career.