Reaper Fantasy Football: Season 2

styates

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna concede now to yah, ha ha

***ty weekend for me, Saints lost to darn 'skins + my team tanked when I needed them the most, espically the Dolphin players (big fat 0 for Mare(thou bench scorer) & only 8 from a guy that should have more (ran vs the 27th ranked D)) crappy scores all around, thank goodness I didn't start Rivers, jessh -1,well except for Duece & of course Mr bench guy Grossman (figures...................).

well at least I didn't miss much by dumpin the Jets (only 1 more then the Saints D score).

oh well 10 picks right in Pick'em at least that did pretty well & of course the Jet streak continues for me (pick them & they lose, don't they win, ha ha ha)

good season,

Good game and great season guys. Congrats on your victory Squish! Now just make sure you can win, so at least I can have the consolation of knowing I lost to the champ :lol:

I am soooo sick of the Denver Donkeys. They keep switching up their friggen RB on me. Tatum Bell has a lights out game the week before, and what do they do, sit him for Mike Bell :grr:

On the plus side, if I had started Mike Bell, I would have once again lost by 5 or so points, and then I would have just been fuming even more.

I like to look at it this way...

I have the #5 pick in next years draft now. I have some good guys to keep. Should work out well. Definitely better than it did this year I hope.

So, now we need to start the discussion about how many keepers. Whether we want to make any adjustments to scoring. Changing the draft from Snake to Standard format now that we are keeping players.

Etc, etc, etc.

how does the order of the draft go anyways (now that I have a year under my belt for this league & probably not goin any further unless Hoosh has like a 50 pt night tonight ha ha (yah right) & the other 2 bengals get like 2

RM

The four guys not in the playoffs are obviously 1-4 in the draft based on their record, then it is based on how you finish in the playoffs.

Since I was the #8 seed, and lost, I am definitely #5. You should be able to get 1-8 by taking the order of records for 1-4, and then adding the losers of round 1, based on their seeding.

This year, I had the 2nd to last pick in the draft because I made it to the superbowl, but lost. However the winner did not play this season, so I moved back in the draft and as a result, had the last pick.

The four guys not in the playoffs are obviously 1-4 in the draft based on their record, then it is based on how you finish in the playoffs.

Since I was the #8 seed, and lost, I am definitely #5. You should be able to get 1-8 by taking the order of records for 1-4, and then adding the losers of round 1, based on their seeding.

This year, I had the 2nd to last pick in the draft because I made it to the superbowl, but lost. However the winner did not play this season, so I moved back in the draft and as a result, had the last pick.

Makes sense to me... My vote 2 keepers maybe 3?? so you can kinda keep your teams identity? Yeah so far this has been a great season hopefully I can get the points I need so mine isn't over tonight....

not that I'm complaing, but as a new player this year why was I like 10 or 12th (one of the last to pick) in the draft then??

unless we were setup different

not sure how keepers would be, obviously the teams with LJ, LT will want to keep those guys on their teams, as of this moment, really only 1 or 2 guys I want to keep on my team.

RM

Personally, I would like to keep 4 players. We have a total of 16, I think holding 1/4 of your team is not unreasonable. A lot of people have great players that they just leave on their bench because their #1 guy is great. They have to decide who they want to keep.

This means that people can keep several of their studs, or guys they picked up as studs in waiting. So you don't have to decide between dropping your lights out RB or the WR you picked up who looks like he will have his break out season. But you will still have to drop a number of very servicable players.

This also means the draft will be a bit more challenging, most of the Tier 1, name brand guys will be gone, but the Tier 2 and lower will remain. So there is a premium on picking up guys as rookies and holding them maybe for the following season.

It will also create a more balanced set of teams over a year or two, as the folks that have bad teams will get better, because they get first dibs on those studs in waiting, but the better teams will get to hold onto the players they want.

The other great thing about Keepers is that gives you the opportunity to trade draft picks for players. Anyone can trade off their draft picks. People that end up with less players than spaces, once the season starts has to complete their roster off the Waiver Wire/Free Agency.

Having everyone return each year also makes it a lot easier. The other option is that if people leave, their team remains and new players are randomly assigned to one of the vacant teams.

If we have more than 12 players interested, we just hold a supplemental draft for the newly created teams.

Personally, I know leagues that will hold onto 1/2 their roster, and draft the remaining half. For one thing, the draft would take significantly less time. But it also means people need to know more about football than the marquee players.

I just can't beleive I lost a tie breaker and fell to the 5th seed with a TEN AND FOUR RECORD :)

How sad is that :)

Oh well I guess this 10-4 will have to whip some poor 9-5 team then hehehe :)

Well you are up by 11 but I have Palmer, Rudi, and Harrison to go so looks like odds are you are not going to whip some 9-5 team.... ::D: 10-4 didn't even win your division so ::P:

(no goose eggs Monday night)

PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY FOR GOOSE EGGS :)

I rolled a die and randomly assigned the spots for the new guys.

ah ok, was just curious + a coworker asked about that as well

3 is a good limit for me, not just because there is just 3 guys on my team I would keep as of this moment, but I'm open for anything that gets decided.

& yes anything to cut the draft down a bit would be really a great help ::D:

RM

Final Four baby!!!!

[Clubber Lang voice]My prediction for da stouts? PAIN! [/Clubber Lang voice]

THE AUTUMN WIND

The Autumn Wind is a pirate

Blustering in from sea

With a rollicking song he sweeps along

swaggering boisterously.

His face is weather beaten.

He wears a hooded sash.

With his silver hat about his head

And a bristly black moustache.

He growls as he storms the country,

A villain big and bold

And the trees all shake and quiver and quake

As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn wind is a RAIDER

Pillaging just for fun.

He'll knock you 'round and upside down

And laugh when he's conquered and won.

Scores and Playoff Bracket are updated.

I know that you guys are #11 and #12, but 27-24 is plain PATHETIC!!!

Next up for me, the aforementioned 27 pt team....ooooo I'm shakin'!!!

Final Four baby!!!!

[Clubber Lang voice]My prediction for da stouts? PAIN! [/Clubber Lang voice]

THE AUTUMN WIND

The Autumn Wind is a pirate

Blustering in from sea

With a rollicking song he sweeps along

swaggering boisterously.

His face is weather beaten.

He wears a hooded sash.

With his silver hat about his head

And a bristly black moustache.

He growls as he storms the country,

A villain big and bold

And the trees all shake and quiver and quake

As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn wind is a RAIDER

Pillaging just for fun.

He'll knock you 'round and upside down

And laugh when he's conquered and won.

Raiders ain't doin' much laughing this year, eh?!?!