Storminator's Forgewalk Marches Tournament Grand Prix!

So I had this idea. I would have tournaments at all the local stores and conventions, and track all the winners, and have a big prize at the end of the year or something...

But there's logistics, and planning, and formats, etc. So I never got around to hashing out how the idea would work. Then it occurred to me that I would never get around to it, so I just started. I consider this Year Zero of the Grand Prix. I still don't know how I want everything to fit together, but I'm on my way!

I currently have one Con in the bag, and another in the planning. I have a pair of stores that I'm using (the Whiz and Toy Soldier)... thanks CaptC and Mick. I'll have a second tournament at each, and possibly another store if I get it together.

But the basics is that each tournament generates a certain number of points, and the points are totalled thru the year and at the end of the year, there's a prize! Or two or something! Like I said, this is year zero.

So currently I'm scoring it as a point for playing, a point for each player you finish above, and a point for a fully painted army. Two tournaments in, the standings are:

tournystandings.gif

Whatchall think?

PS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea. Too bad those of us in the Midwest can't particpate. ::(:

Wild Bill :blues:

Well, the next tournament is June 24. I just checked Orbitz for trips from Tulsa to Manchester, NH which is the closest airport to the Toy Soldier. A round trip flight leaving Friday and departing on Sunday is only $476 flying on United. Southwest was about $600.

No excuses ::P:

It's warm out here now and there's a pretty decent park nearby that my clients have told me is a pretty decent place to crash if you don't have a place to stay for the night. :devil:

Actually, I have a very good excuse: I've already promise Stubbdog that I would attend his tournament that day. Plus, I'm bringing three other people with me that weekend too. Sorry. :wub:

I AM trying to go to Albacon though. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

P.S. So long as I don't have to fight the local homeless for a park bench, it's all good! :lol:

I've already promise Stubbdog that I would attend his tournament that day

well, its not my tournament. My Garage-Con tourney runs every Feb. But, I will be at this one. and it is local to me, so I guess if you want to associate me with it, that is cool..

We've had another event! While we don't have a new leader yet, Tony Sorrentino is climbing up the boards, and we've got a lot of new entries!

Here are the placings for each tournament held so far

Ind_Tourney_25_June_06.gif

And here's the overall standings for the Grand Prix.

Overall_Tourney_25_June_06.gif

We've got another tourney scheduled for OGC at the end of July, another at the Toy Soldier in November, and I'm planning on another at the Whiz, as soon as I contact CaptC and schedule it. We may have a bonus tournament at Carnage 9 in November... stay tuned!

PS

The Grand Prix returns! I'll get the updated standings posted over the weekend, but here's the upcoming schedule!

Saturday September 16th

Army registration at 11, games start at Noon

Wizard's Tower in Nashua NH

1501 points (Warlord required!)

3 rounds Swiss pairing

Saturday October 14th

The Whiz Store in Westboro MA

1501 points

3 rounds Swiss pairing

The Whiz requires painted armies, or an hour of in-store painting on game day. Painting and army registration can happen simultaneously.

Sunday November 19th

Toy Soldier in Amesbury MA

1501 points

3 rounds Swiss pairing

These are the final contests in the Grand Prix.

In addition to prizes for the top finishers in the Grand Prix, there will be store specific prizes.

The top scorer that has only played at The Whiz will win a prize.

The top scorer that has only played at The Toy Soldier will win a prize.

The top scorer that has only played at a single location will win a prize.

Remember, scores in a Grand Prix event are based on number of players, so get your friends to play! Fully painted armies gain an extra point, so get your models painted!

PS

How much time per round, and how much time between rounds?

Storminator's Forgewalk Marches Grand Prix is nearing the end with just two events remaining.

The tournament at the Whiz Store in Westborough middle of the 1501 point trilogy of end games.

Registration opens at 11:00, games begin promptly at 12:00. 1501 point armies, second printing rules (no generic cards), downloadable errata (v1.2 Data Cards)& all published faction books. Three 60 minute Swiss rounds of one-on-one battles, 15 minutes between rounds. Prizes to top 3, best painted army and St. Murphy’s Luck Award. Registration at ReaperGames is highly recommended.

How much time per round, and how much time between rounds?

Storminator's Forgewalk Marches Grand Prix is nearing the end with just two events remaining.

The tournament at the Whiz Store in Westborough middle of the 1501 point trilogy of end games.

Registration opens at 11:00, games begin promptly at 12:00. 1501 point armies, second printing rules (no generic cards), downloadable errata (v1.2 Data Cards)& all published faction books. Three 60 minute Swiss rounds of one-on-one battles, 15 minutes between rounds. Prizes to top 3, best painted army and St. Murphy’s Luck Award. Registration at ReaperGames is highly recommended.

60 minutes, as the lady says. Should be more than enough time. IMX, a 1501 game plays in about the same time as a 1000.

PS

60 minutes, as the lady says. Should be more than enough time. IMX, a 1501 game plays in about the same time as a 1000.

I know you guys keep saying that, but my experience is more like what is written in the Warlord core book:

A two-player game of 1000 points per Side, which typically concludes in just under two hours...

Rich

I know you guys keep saying that, but my experience is more like what is written in the Warlord core book:

A two-player game of 1000 points per Side, which typically concludes in just under two hours...

Rich

Oh certainly not all the models are dead, but there's enough game played to score a winner.

If you play to the last model standing games do take longer.

PS