The Qwykling Cometh

Qwyksilver

Well, Mary and I just finished packing up our stuff, and we're going to grab an early dinner before we begin to be subjected to hospital food for the next several days. The due date for the Qwykling came and went last Monday (5/29) and now we're looking at induction. I did nearly lose it to giggles at one point during a doctor's appointment 3 weeks ago when he said the baby would hopefully come Soon. :lol:

It's been a stressful couple weeks for us, but at the end, we're going to have a beautiful baby boy or girl (we chose not to find out) and that makes all the extra waiting worthwhile.

Tonight we're checking into the hospital and Mary will be getting the start of her medication around 7PM. Tomorrow morning she'll get the Pitocin to induce labor and then we'll just have to sit back, wait and let nature, with a healthy shove by modern medicine, to take its course.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the well wishes in person, via PM, posts and on the Reaper Chat over these past months, especially over the past few weeks as the due date approached. I'm very fortunate to have such a great group of friends I've met here over the years. I've passed along your well wishes to Mary as well and she's been very appreciative for all the kindness from people she's never even spoken to.

I'd like to give extra thanks to all the folks on the ReaperChat. Thanks for keeping me occupied at home and work when I've been climbing the walls over these past 2 weeks. You really helped distract me and keep my mind occupied so I didn't go comepletely stir crazy. And thanks for helping me avoid some really boring paperwork when I was in the office the past 2 weeks :lol:

I'll likely not be signing back on until after the weekend, because well, we're going to be a little busy here. ^_^

I'll have pictures and details when I get back.

Thank you again everyone for all the kindness and well wishes.

- Michael

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably won't see this for a few days, but best wishes to your family and hoping the labor isn't too long for your wife. Just try not to take anything she says during contractions too seriously. (you know, like "I'm going to kill you", "you did this to me", etc..) Look forward to seeing pics of the Qwykling!

Congrats Qwyk, I know you'll have a healthy bouncing baby. I wish you and your wife a lot of luck in this. And now would be the time to start that IV drip of coffee into your system too because you're going to need it to stay awake during the day now with the kid waking up at night needing his/her Mommy and Daddy.

Keep us posted, we'll keep you and your wife in our prayers.

I guess it's a bit premature to offer congratulations since the 'Qwykling' isn't here yet. Thus, I will offer my best wishes for a healthy baby and mother!

By the way, my wife swears by inductions! She was induced for all three of our children. All went like clockwork! It also takes out quite a bit of stress, for me anyway. As always, YMMV! ::D:

Congrats, Q. And sleep as deeply as you can. It'll be the last time you can for the next twenty years. :)

And I'll take the little rug monkey and teach them the proper things in life. LIke curries, and how to make a proper Manhattan.

--Ol' Unkie Stormhammer