• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a chart that shows all the currently available MSPs?

One was posted a while back, but there have been so many new colors added since then.

On the main page on the left hand side you'll find a link for PAINTS.

Yup, but I would love to see a pdf file, similar to one we already have (just with all colors).

Yup, but I would love to see a pdf file, similar to one we already have (just with all colors).

I got an older Reaper-created one from somewhere on a Reaper site... but danged if I can remember where I found it.

I put my homegrown one for the newer colors here.

• Reaper User
Intensifying the metallics? Wazzat mean, uh?

Increasing coverage and potentially intensifying shine on the gold-tone and silver-tone triads. We got a new metallics base in so I'll be working on that...eventually. ;P

--Anne ::):

• Reaper User
I would really love the equivilant of GW Snakebite leather and shadow gray.

There's already a Shadow Grey equivalent; 9020 Twilight Blue, one of the first colors because that's also one of my favorite GW colors. I know it's darn near a precise match because I was helping a friend basecoat his Space Wolves with it last weekend, and it worked fine next to the ones sprayed with the GW Shadow Grey spraycoat. ::):

Snakebite Leather we will probably not have room for an equivalent for; you can get it, however, by mixing six drops of Clear Yellow, one drop of Clear Red, and a tiny dab--not even a whole drop, more like half a drop--of Clear Green. At least I think that was my ratio, it's been a while! ::):

--Anne

Anne

would this metal base be a color you apply under the metallics or just the current metallics reformulated??

sounds like a great idea, now here hoping to get Chrome in acrylic form (& I mean chrome like burn your eyes out in the sun chrome, ha ha)

RM

Metallic base would, I am guessing, be the base into which colours are added to create the metallic paints. It would therefore be the thing that determined how shiney-metally the paints were, and how big the tiny flakes of shiney were that made the paint metallic, wether it would oxidise given time, etc.

Anne, I am not displeased with any of the colors so far, so I'm sure however you formulate this next triad won't be a problem. ::D:

Um, you got a little bit of Chestnut Brown on yer nose there Enchantra.... :B):

If I really wanted to brown-nose all I'd have to do is make Anne a Chocolate cake. :lol:

To be honest, I am happy with all the colors so far. I just wish I had the cash to buy all the ones I don't have.

• Reaper User

Metallic base is a paint base that is formulated to be as clear as possible in order to let the metallic flakes achieve optimal shine even when pigments are added to tint the colors. At least, that's the theory. Sigh. We'll see if it works.

I was merely speaking of intensifying the colors we already have; it would be impossible to actually put out a metallic base with flakes to make your own, as the colors we currently put out (for example) require at least five separate flake colors, possibly six, can't remember. ::):

--Anne

I have a good idea.

I know alot of people are always wondering what colors to use for nmm so why not make a triad for them? You already have some excelant colors for gold so that's covered.

Example:

The Silver NMM Triad

Dark Sword (basically a mix of rainy gray snow shadow and some blue liner)

Silver Sword (former mix - the blue liner)

Shining Sword (basically a mix of misty gray and ghost white)

you could also have other metals like bronze and copper.

How does that sound?

Jake

• Reaper User

Heh, the new Cold Greys triad, just coming out this week, is a series of greys with a hint of blue, specifically for use in NMM. ::): For copper, utilize the Red-Browns Triad (Ruddy/Oiled/Burnt Orange) or just pieces of it (Rust with Mahogany Brown shadows and Burnt Orange highlights?). For antiqued bronze (cold) I highly recommend the Uniform Browns Triad (Uniform Brown/Green Ochre/Faded Khaki).

--Anne ::):