computer admin rights...

Doombringer

so im trying to download microsoft reader at work so i can read a .lit ebook file and of course when i try to install it i get the "you need admin right to continue" or whatever it is message and can't install the dang program.

do any of you know of a way around this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The short answer: ask the IT dept to do it for you, or your boss, or whomever is in the proper chain of command for such a request. If you can't justify it as work-related and harmless to their systems, then they are not likely to grant your request, but at least you followed procedure by asking permission. Beyond that, there is no way would I advise you on how to do this, especially in an open forum. It's called hacking and it could cost you your job, as well as subject you to fines & possible jail time, regardless of your actual intentions. In other words, don't even think about it.

Yeah. If the IT department has not given you these rights it's because they don't want you to have them. Trying to circumvent could be a bad idea for many many reasons. If it's needed for work then you should have no problem getting permision

Hell, email it to yourself as a .txt file. Absolute guarantee you'll be able to open that.

The point with applications is that if you can install and run reader.exe than some clueless dork can download and run malware_satan_netbuggerer.exe and before you know it your entire network is projectile vomitting and scurrying down the stairs on its back like a spider.

some clueless dork can download and run malware_satan_netbuggerer.exe and before you know it your entire network is projectile vomitting and scurrying down the stairs on its back like a spider.

I got that virus once. It was a mess! I had to have the carpets cleaned five times, and still they smelled like satanic vomit! I ended up just having them ripped out and replaced. The computer has not been seen since.