Sign in to follow this  
notsoevil

Thorvald Triplets

So, I'm new to Warlord (demo'd yesterday, played and won the next game) and I've bought into Dwarves (used them in the demo and game, so dug 'em that much).

Looking at the Axe and Hammer Tavern thread, I see lots of mentions of using multiple Thorvalds (usually referencing using 3), but I'm confused now. Isn't he a Unique Solo? How can you take multiples?

Page 112 of the Second Printing core book lists the models that change from being adepts to grunts or unique to non-unique in a pure faction army. Every faction has at least one. Additionally, certain models change their status within certain subfactions.

Wow, how weird. You would figure that would at least be an extra sentence on Thorvald's entry in the Dwarven army list section.

Thanks for the info!

Welcome to the Dwarves and I look forward to seeing you in the tavern.

Well, the Dwarf book is one of the next couple coming out, so you can rest assured that you will see some mention of this and more in there when it does release.

You are picking dwarves at the right time. New models for the dwarves should start hitting the shelves in about a month I think, seeing as how most of the new Overlords have already been released.

That is most excellent news. I've never played Dwarves before in any system and when choosing new wargames I like to shake things up a bit in playstyle and aesthetics. After sitting down to clean the models last night, I can say that I'm very happy to have chosen them.